Moving post from Story, or other, sections

nelliethehooker replied on 01/02/2024 21:42

Posted on 01/02/2024 21:42

David, is there any indication on the OP that the post has been moved, so that the poster knows where to look for responses to their query? If not how are supposed to see what has been posted in reply?

DavidKlyne replied on 01/02/2024 22:26

Posted on 01/02/2024 22:26

Nellie 

Only by looking at their profile. The Story Section would be full of "moved post" notifications is we went down that route. It would be great if the posters were automatically sent a message like they do on UKCampsites that a post had been moved. Another way of doing it would be to apply the same rules to people posting reviews and stories as we do to new posters on the forum, that way posts would not be visible until approved and putting them in the right place could be part of the approval process. I don't think any of those suggestions will be put in place? It would be nice if new posters actually read the instructions on where to post before putting pen to paper so to speak?

David

nelliethehooker replied on 02/02/2024 19:36

Posted on 02/02/2024 19:36

I think you might be exaggerating a touch with the number "moved post" notifications, David, as there are not that many new poster on CT as a whole, but I do agree that there should be an automatically sent message when a post has been moved. A method to ensure that new posters are able to find the responses they ask for would probably ensure that they continue to post and not disappear into the ether.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook