New Club booking system is terrible

Ian Wright replied on 23/09/2022 18:26

Posted on 23/09/2022 18:26

I’ve tried to use the new club booking system and it’s a terrible mess! Tried searching for sites in Scotland in the New Year (and putting in dates) and it brings up a list with most of them in England ? Then when you click on the sites in Scotland for more information it says sorry site closed on those dates? Tried to do a search in October for England and again put in the dates and as well as a few sites in England (pretty sure not all those actually available), it brings up sites in France and Holland. If you search CLs or sites you can’t look at one then go back to the original list your search showed, you need to do a complete search again, very frustrating! Also you only see your searches down the left hand side, so most are initially hidden? There was nothing wrong with the old system, it worked an absolute treat, so easy and simple to use. I feel the clubs insistence to push ahead with taking deposits and their claim that the new system will improve the booking experience is sadly not the case and it will have the completely opposite effect! 

Moderator Edit:

As we already have a thread discussion the new booking system, I'm locking this one and invite you to join in the discussion on the existing thread.

StinkyPete78 replied on 23/09/2022 19:07

Posted on 23/09/2022 19:07

I've just gone on to test the new system. 

1. Takes far longer.

2. It shows Daleacres Site in Kent as having "155 pitches (5 Hardstanding)" which is not true.

This may explain that when I arrived there recently having booked a Hard-standing I was given a Grass pitch! I was told it was an error in the "Migration Process" switching from the old to the new system.

Now I think that it's definitely a programming fault as they have input the incorrect information on the type of pitches available.

Come on Club get your act together. Don't know who you use to maintain your site, but they are not very good even the old one had faults. Have you ever tried using the search topic and get a million results not one being what you wanted!

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook