New terms and conditions

fireman steve replied on 04/10/2022 16:29

Posted on 04/10/2022 16:29

Well done Cmac for changing the t and c’s without consulting existing members.

So now being disabled if I book a 3 day trip and get sick I have to pay £25 for cancelling.

..or families with young children who may get sick also have to forfeit £25. 

.. or people who get sick due to a spike in covid … £25

even if you want to remove the odd day from your trip you are penalised.…. 

…well done Cmac … we supported you through covid and you’ve kicked us up the backside as a mark of thanks.

That’s me out after 20 years a member and probably without a membership refund .

Gadgie 1 replied on 04/10/2022 16:34

Posted on 04/10/2022 16:34

Steve we fully agree.....the CMC is focused upon its needs and no longer it's members !

The new booking website is a disaster so far as we are concerned .....

We are seriously considering going over to the C&CC....

Goldie146 replied on 04/10/2022 17:34

Posted on 04/10/2022 16:34 by Gadgie 1

Steve we fully agree.....the CMC is focused upon its needs and no longer it's members !

The new booking website is a disaster so far as we are concerned .....

We are seriously considering going over to the C&CC....

Posted on 04/10/2022 17:34

C&CC also take deposits I think. And have a 30 day cut off point for refunds. But I haven't looked at the T&C's in great detail.

The grass is not always greener.

EmilysDad replied on 04/10/2022 18:02

Posted on 04/10/2022 18:02

I was due to go to a C&CC site in a couple of weeks time. We are now unable to go & last week phoned them to cancel. She asked why, I gave the reason & she moved my booking to this time next year .... effectively giving me a £30-odd credit note. I was happy with that as I can now use my deposit as & when we are able to.

InaD replied on 04/10/2022 19:58

Posted on 04/10/2022 18:02 by EmilysDad

I was due to go to a C&CC site in a couple of weeks time. We are now unable to go & last week phoned them to cancel. She asked why, I gave the reason & she moved my booking to this time next year .... effectively giving me a £30-odd credit note. I was happy with that as I can now use my deposit as & when we are able to.

Posted on 04/10/2022 19:58

You'd hope that CAMC would be equally accommodating in similar circumstances; that is a totally fair way of dealing with a cancellation on an individual basis.  As you say, you can use the deposit carried over when you want, and haven't lost it altogether.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook