November Magazine

Hja replied on 08/11/2023 14:21

Posted on 08/11/2023 14:21

Just received my copy of the new edition. It has the usual page (page 26) on Days Out. This time it includes the National Memorial Arboretum. Nearest Club campsites: Uttoxeter and High Onn!!!! Both of theses are, as I understand, closed. Certainly the web page for Uttoxeter says closed for the foreseeable future. High Onn, closed for 2023 and although one reference is to being open until 2025 the site is apparently Full for the whole of next year!

These sites were both closed some time ago, so certainly before the magazine went to print. Doesnt anyone check these things?

The article on winterising your van showed the usual bias towards caravans. A one sentence reference to SOME (my emphasis) motorhomes (surely most) having freshwater and waste water tanks that need to have the "tank drain in the open position"! And absolutely no reference to the engine part of a motorhome and winterisation e.g. chocking wheels and releasing handbrake, taking it for a run every few months.  Loved the picture on winterisation, in November, showing a woman washing the van in shorts and vest top!

I really dont know why i bother open the magazine. It just makes me cross. Rant over!

Gavea replied on 16/11/2023 22:01

Posted on 16/11/2023 22:01

We’ve not received a club magazine since June. 

Rang and complained - still not received anything - even though I was promised September and October editions.

totally hacked off. My husband is useless on the internet so is fuming as he loves to sit and read the magazine.

I will I’ll be calling them again tomorrow. Not that I’m expecting a miracle.

JollyKernow replied on 17/11/2023 08:23

Posted on 16/11/2023 22:01 by Gavea

Rang and complained - still not received anything - even though I was promised September and October editions.

totally hacked off. My husband is useless on the internet so is fuming as he loves to sit and read the magazine.

Posted on 17/11/2023 08:23

If you call 01342 318813 (membership services) they should be able to help and possibly guide you to your profile on this website.

JK

Jood replied on 17/11/2023 14:52

Posted on 17/11/2023 14:52

I’ve just used the live chat to complain (once again) at not receiving November magazine. Apparently it was sent on 2nd November. Another is being sent and I have been asked to let them know if I receive 2 copies!

peedee replied on 17/11/2023 16:26

Posted on 16/11/2023 22:01 by Gavea

Posted on 17/11/2023 16:26

It is easy enough to read on line, I have provided a how to >here< Don't use Firefox, it does not work with that browser. The default browser, Edge, with windows 10,  works fine.

peedee

DavidKlyne replied on 28/11/2023 22:09

Posted on 28/11/2023 22:09

Still not got my November issue yet! (have quickly scanned through it online) Received my C&CC December magazine a few days ago and the CMC normally follows within the week so will wait with interest. As far as I am concerned the area in which I live does not have a problem with postal services as we get all our other mail.

David

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook