Refund Complaint

Scottishlad replied on 08/05/2023 11:05

Posted on 08/05/2023 11:05

I have a general question (or complaint) regarding refunds by the CAMC …. On 20th April I was promised a refund due to an error with the cost of a stay charged to my credit card and with me paying upon arrival on site ….. having spoken to a lady at CAMC membership office on the 20th she said if I didn’t mind being out of pocket for a few days she would process a refund would that day …… well, as of 8th May no refund has been received.

Have other CAMC members had to wait an excessive time for a refund or is this a one off and I have just been treated poorly?

By comparison, I returned an item to Adidas via Royal Mail a few days after this refund promise by CAMC and received a refund from Adidas on 5th May so refunds don’t have to take an unacceptable length of time.

I am keen to hear from other CAMC members regarding refund waiting times …..

Wherenext replied on 09/05/2023 17:44

Posted on 09/05/2023 17:44

This excuse about 2 systems has been trotted out before, months ago, as testified by those complaints on TrustPilot. Members are just being fobbed off.

If I were having the same problem I would ask my credit card company to reimburse me, see Tinwheelers first post reply, and let them sort it out with club.

DavidKlyne replied on 09/05/2023 21:38

Posted on 09/05/2023 21:38

Ignoring what can be done on a campsite where staff have the Point of Sale system in front of them I expect there is only one system but in two halves. It seems the Call Centre staff don't have access to the Point of Sale system whereby they could action a refund immediately, or alternatively don't have the authority to do so, but have to pass the information on to a second party and that seems to be the flaw in the system. If that works I am sure no one really will notice much of a delay. However if there are sufficient refunds failing to be done there is an obvious flaw in the system.  I think what is really disappointing is that once it has been recognised that a refund has been overlooked, for want of a better description, it seems there is a lack of urgency in correcting the problem rather than just rejoining the queue. Hopefully the OP will let us know how long it actually takes.

David

brue replied on 10/05/2023 08:22

Posted on 10/05/2023 08:22

This is multi million pound business with a finance director and the financial dealings should be spot on. 

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 11/05/2023 07:11

Posted on 10/05/2023 08:22 by brue

This is multi million pound business with a finance director and the financial dealings should be spot on. 

Posted on 11/05/2023 07:11

+1, this attitude to finance(ours-the customer) is getting worse. My advice is-don’t wait, don’t be put off just act. Pay by credit card then invoke section 75. Make complaints to your bank if you don’t use a Credit card & ask for assistance. Any company that uses the get out clause of-‘we don’t accept credit cards’ is letting you know they are wrong uns. The more folk act the quicker the transgressors are spot balled. These attitudes are reflective of many failings we the consumer are suffering. Act don’t wait👍🏻

replied on 11/05/2023 07:53

Posted on 10/05/2023 08:22 by brue

Posted on 11/05/2023 07:53

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

RowenaBCAMC replied on 11/05/2023 15:44

Posted on 08/05/2023 11:05 by Scottishlad

I have a general question (or complaint) regarding refunds by the CAMC …. On 20th April I was promised a refund due to an error with the cost of a stay charged to my credit card and with me paying upon arrival on site ….. having spoken to a lady at CAMC membership office on the 20th she said if I didn’t mind being out of pocket for a few days she would process a refund would that day …… well, as of 8th May no refund has been received.

Have other CAMC members had to wait an excessive time for a refund or is this a one off and I have just been treated poorly?

By comparison, I returned an item to Adidas via Royal Mail a few days after this refund promise by CAMC and received a refund from Adidas on 5th May so refunds don’t have to take an unacceptable length of time.

Posted on 11/05/2023 15:44

I'm sorry to read you have not received your refund. The refunds should go back on the card within 7 - 10 days. Please also note the refund amounts can show under the original transactions.

Can you please email communitymanager@camc.com with your membership number and refund amount and I will speak to a member of team to look into this for you. Many thanks. 

Scottishlad replied on 11/05/2023 17:20

Posted on 08/05/2023 11:05 by Scottishlad

Posted on 11/05/2023 17:20

Refund Update …. Monies now received on 11th May so chasing CAMC was clearly the right thing to do although we should not have to …. 
The first member of staff I spoke with who assured me the refund was processed was obviously not interested in my issues and didn’t check thoroughly as it took further calls then within a few days the refund arrived.

Overall a poor show from CAMC in general and from some staff who are either not trained or not interested.

Thanks to Mia who finally resolved the issue, and special thanks to all members who took the time to leave comments …. But thankfully I have my money after 21 days so case closed!!

DavidKlyne replied on 11/05/2023 19:59

Posted on 11/05/2023 17:20 by Scottishlad

Refund Update …. Monies now received on 11th May so chasing CAMC was clearly the right thing to do although we should not have to …. 
The first member of staff I spoke with who assured me the refund was processed was obviously not interested in my issues and didn’t check thoroughly as it took further calls then within a few days the refund arrived.

Overall a poor show from CAMC in general and from some staff who are either not trained or not interested.

Thanks to Mia who finally resolved the issue, and special thanks to all members who took the time to leave comments …. But thankfully I have my money after 21 days so case closed!!

Posted on 11/05/2023 19:59

Thanks for reporting back the outcome and glad it was eventually positive.

As this has been resolved I will now close this discussion.

David

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook