Sponsorship

billiejo replied on 14/01/2024 10:15

Posted on 14/01/2024 10:15

Good morning, a question has been asked on another forum about whether the CAMC sponsor any kind of sport doe's anyone know the answer I have looked on Google but can't find an answer.

Takethedogalong replied on 14/01/2024 11:19

Posted on 14/01/2024 11:19

Not sure about a particular sport, but I do know the Club get involved in some local community projects, which might be a site staff commitment more than anything else. 

Sports sponsorship is very tangled, and often rather political (with a small p). Anything upwards of grass roots and it requires huge sums of money. I should think that the Club would need to consult Members as well, given how it operates. I can only imagine the rumpus that would causešŸ¤£

DavidKlyne replied on 14/01/2024 11:49

Posted on 14/01/2024 10:15 by billiejo

Good morning, a question has been asked on another forum about whether the CAMC sponsor any kind of sport doe's anyone know the answer I have looked on Google but can't find an answer.

Posted on 14/01/2024 11:49

Interesting question. In 40 odd years of membership I have never known the Club to sponsor things external to the Club. They may well support certain hobby related things like shows but even that seem very minimal. We don't even have a "Charity of the Year" which I think could be a useful fund raiser.  I have reported your post to Rowena to see if we can get an answer which I am sure we would all be interested in.

David

Rufs replied on 14/01/2024 13:26

Posted on 14/01/2024 11:49 by DavidKlyne

Interesting question. In 40 odd years of membership I have never known the Club to sponsor things external to the Club. They may well support certain hobby related things like shows but even that seem very minimal. We don't even have a "Charity of the Year" which I think could be a useful fund raiser.  I have reported your post to Rowena to see if we can get an answer which I am sure we would all be interested in.

David

Posted on 14/01/2024 13:26

They support the flower beds in the town centre East Grinstead, well that is what the plaques say, only know because one of my daughters lives there laughing 

Takethedogalong replied on 14/01/2024 14:29

Posted on 14/01/2024 14:29

I think I might have seen a flower bed being sponsoredšŸ¤” not EG though, we have never been. 

Here’s something the Club are doing, working in partnership……. Make sure you read the small print terms and conditions about direct debit….

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/membership/member-offers/butterfly-conservation/

Full page of discount offers here, it’s quite easy to get your £63 annual membership fee back.

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/membership/member-offers/

peedee replied on 17/01/2024 11:14

Posted on 14/01/2024 11:49 by DavidKlyne

David

Posted on 17/01/2024 11:14

David, have a look at the press releases. These detail this years charity being supported and past sponsorships. Whether the latter is still in place is not clear.

peedee

DavidKlyne replied on 17/01/2024 15:15

Posted on 17/01/2024 11:14 by peedee

David, have a look at the press releases. These detail this years charity being supported and past sponsorships. Whether the latter is still in place is not clear.

peedee

Posted on 17/01/2024 15:15

Thanks Peedee. I still think they keep it quiet? Whilst I am sure its a worthy cause I wonder how many members associate with that charity? I shall keep an eye out on site to see if I can see it being promoted. 

David

JollyKernow replied on 17/01/2024 16:29

Posted on 17/01/2024 15:15 by DavidKlyne

Thanks Peedee. I still think they keep it quiet? Whilst I am sure its a worthy cause I wonder how many members associate with that charity? I shall keep an eye out on site to see if I can see it being promoted. 

David

Posted on 17/01/2024 16:29

While the club has a chosen charity they support each year, at site level we can choose which local charity we support. We support the North Devon Air Ambulance.

JK

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook