Caravan cover disappointment!

Surfer replied on 23/05/2022 08:50

Posted on 23/05/2022 08:50

Many years ago when we made a claim through the Caravan Club insurance, the work was approved within days.  Three weeks ago we put in a claim to Caravan Cover and the assessor attended within 2 - 3 days to inspect the caravan which was at the dealer however that is where it stopped and no further progress has been made and we have been left in limbo.

The past Friday in the morning I phoned the CAMC brokers to be told that they had not yet received the assessor's report, but that the broker I spoke to would contact them and phone me back with an update later the same day.  This never happened! 

I also emailed the assessor who replied and stated that the claim was in a pile waiting to be processed and should be with the CAMC broker sometime this week!  The assessor stated that as the dealer had done a temporary repair there should not be any further issues giving me the impression that we can wait!

I think that at renewal time we will be looking for proper insurance cover and not the CAMC Caravan Cover if this is the way policy holders are treated.  yell

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 23/05/2022 09:33

Posted on 23/05/2022 09:33

Good plan Surfer👍🏻. There is only 1 good way to challenge bad & unreliable service-walk away from it. No ifs or buts, they will make excuses & blame everyone & everything but themselves-bad attitude & service should never be tolerated.

KeithL replied on 23/05/2022 10:12

Posted on 23/05/2022 10:12

Try C&CC insurance.

My caravan was written off during storm Arwen. Contacted C&CC by phone on the Saturday I inspected the van, 10 days letter the total loss payment was in my bank and caravan had been removed from storage compound.

Brilliant service.

Surfer replied on 23/05/2022 13:21

Posted on 23/05/2022 13:21

Just to be clear, the annoyance is with the time it has taken for a response which I got this morning and I am happy with the response. I expected a response within a week and not 3 weeks.  Maybe I was expecting too much taking into consideration Covid issues?

richardandros replied on 23/05/2022 14:20

Posted on 23/05/2022 14:20

I'm inclined to think that this was, perhaps, a one-off - unless someone tells me differently because my experience of making a claim through the Caravan Cover couldn't have been better. The assessor arrived the day after I had made the claim - immediately authorised repairs - van taken to dealers for repair work. There was a delay getting spares from Germany - contacted the assessor and I don't know what he said or to whom but the spares miraculously arrived with the dealer within a couple of days or so. Similarly, when I submitted a further claim for transport costs to and from the dealer (600 miles), I received a cheque within 48 hrs (and for more than I had claimed because of their different method of calculating). Throughout the process, everyone I had contact with was helpful, sympathetic and understanding and I couldn't have asked for better service.  That was nearly three years ago - guess who I am currently insured with?

JVB66 replied on 31/05/2022 06:30

Posted on 31/05/2022 06:30

As with many organisations at this time, ,the responses  seem  much slower ,as many are still WFH ,I have found it when trying to get things organised for my OH ,,, one company said it  now takes a week to get mail from their post room to the appropriate department /person where in the past it would be one day at most

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook