Mayday Advertising

SteveL replied on 02/04/2022 10:44

Posted on 02/04/2022 10:44

Perhaps the CAMC would like to provide a tick box within the profile information that you could check if you have Mayday Cover. I have just received (not for the first time) a letter from the CC inviting me to take out Mayday Cover, despite subscribing for several years. Presumably Green Flag can’t tell them because of data protection, but there would be nothing wrong with us providing the information. In this time of rapidly rising prices, if the cost of even some of the postage, paper and time could be saved, it would be worthwhile.

Dawn F replied on 02/04/2022 11:03

Posted on 02/04/2022 11:03

totally agree Steve

We often get letters in the post relating to services we already have so like you say a complete waste of money (which we end up paying for) and a waste of paper which has an environmental effect 

Yesterday we got a large envelope from the local council regarding the £150 energy rebate, firstly making excuses for why they are delaying the payment (blame it on updated software which they say will not be available until late April) then saying if we already pay by direct debit we do not need to do anything.  We have paid by direct debit for over 10 years surely they should be able to check this?  

The software issue sounds like a stalling tactic surely in this day and age software updates should be instant, unless of course they are using the same supplier as the CMC we all know how good they are!

eribaMotters replied on 02/04/2022 11:15

Posted on 02/04/2022 11:15

Green Flag and Mayday do not talk to each other. I cancelled the Green Flag on my wife's car and took out Mayday on both vehicles. Green Flag contacted me with a form to fill in asking why I had left them.

Colin

Burgundy replied on 03/04/2022 13:36

Posted on 02/04/2022 10:44 by SteveL

Perhaps the CAMC would like to provide a tick box within the profile information that you could check if you have Mayday Cover. I have just received (not for the first time) a letter from the CC inviting me to take out Mayday Cover, despite subscribing for several years. Presumably Green Flag can’t tell them because of data protection, but there would be nothing wrong with us providing the information. In this time of rapidly rising prices, if the cost of even some of the postage, paper and time could be saved, it would be worthwhile.

Posted on 03/04/2022 13:36

Steve, there are various tick boxes under ‘personal preferences’ to stop receiving details of club insurance products (of which Mayday is one), along with other options.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook