Renewing Caravan Insurance Online

Fozzie replied on 09/05/2022 18:51

Posted on 09/05/2022 18:51

Not sure if this is me,but has anyone any success in renewing their Caravan Insurance online.

I have tried both from the "Caravan Cover " link,and from the "red renew button" but both just take me on a closed loop,without any visible continue function.

I was also logged in to the Website.

Looks like a telephone call.

DustyM replied on 13/05/2022 15:46

Posted on 13/05/2022 15:46

This year I would normally have renewed online but when the renewal letter came the premium had gone up substantially. In the past any premium increases have been quite acceptable.

I changed the motorhome last year and expected an increase which turned out to be acceptable for the newer vehicle. This year the increase was totally unacceptable so I queried it with Devitt. Their agent's response was that the insurance company do not inform them of reasons for increases. There was no offer to look into it or find a better deal. I felt it was a case of take take it or leave it so I left it!.

I am now insured through the Camping & Caravan Club with very similar cover and a substantial saving of money.

GTrimmer replied on 07/06/2022 21:56

Posted on 07/06/2022 21:56

I attempted to renew on line this morning. The site crashed ! Why am I not surprised ? Increasingly disenchanted witth the CMC after 43years of membership !

ChocolateTrees replied on 08/06/2022 16:43

Posted on 09/05/2022 18:51 by Fozzie

Not sure if this is me,but has anyone any success in renewing their Caravan Insurance online.

I have tried both from the "Caravan Cover " link,and from the "red renew button" but both just take me on a closed loop,without any visible continue function.

I was also logged in to the Website.

Looks like a telephone call.

Posted on 08/06/2022 16:43

If you get into the closed loop cycle I believe it means you have the insurance on auto-renew either via Direct debit or stored credit card. (This is what happened to me last time). 

If you card number has changed, you need to call and renew with the new details. 

Oneputt replied on 09/06/2022 08:38

Posted on 09/06/2022 08:38

I renewed my cover recently (new for old) and it was only after I received my documents that I found the new price of our make and model undervalued.  Checking various Coachman dealers the current price of our van is now around £35k where the value on docs was £28k.  Did change amount paying additional premium.  Whoever you insure with its worth checking the current price of your potential new van

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook