Renewing caravan insurance with the Club

VolvoV70 replied on 27/07/2023 09:50

Posted on 27/07/2023 09:50

Who knew?

I recently was about to renew my insurance with the Club (after 30 or so years) when I discovered to my horror that the discount called "Alarm Discount" does not apply to the Alarm System (by PIR) on your caravan but it applies if you have an alarm on your corner steadies.

As said above, "Who knew" How many other members have their insurance with the Club but are unaware of this fact? How many others are deceived by this confusion? Nowhere in any documentation relating to insurance renewal is this fact disclosed.

Be careful if you have your insurance with the Club

LLM replied on 28/07/2023 10:18

Posted on 28/07/2023 10:18

I don’t understand all the confusion.  Only two documents form the Contract of cover; the general Terms and Conditions and the Schedule.  Any term or condition contained in the Schedule takes precedence over the general T’s&C’s. 

For example V70, if your Schedule says you must have a tilt sensor and a steady sensor then that is what you must have.  If it says you must have a tilt sensor or a steady sensor then you must have one or the other.  The schedule for each customer is unique.  All very simple. 

Burgundy replied on 28/07/2023 15:30

Posted on 28/07/2023 15:30

This is what is listed under Security on my cover

Alarm (Corner Steady Sensor)

Alarm (Other)

Hitch Lock

Secure Storage

Tracking Device

Wheel Lock 

Alarm (other) is the factory fitted alarm. (Elddis)

replied on 28/07/2023 16:38

Posted on 28/07/2023 15:30 by Burgundy

This is what is listed under Security on my cover

Alarm (Corner Steady Sensor)

Alarm (Other)

Hitch Lock

Secure Storage

Tracking Device

Wheel Lock 

Alarm (other) is the factory fitted alarm. (Elddis)

Posted on 28/07/2023 16:38

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Burgundy replied on 28/07/2023 21:23

Posted on 28/07/2023 16:38 by

Does that list form part of the schedule?

Posted on 28/07/2023 21:23

Yes, under endorsements. It’s based on the information I provided when I took out the cover, or updated, i.e. this year I updated storage as it has been upgraded to Cassoa Platinum from Gold.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook