Website booking errors

NutsyH replied on 12/02/2023 11:23

Posted on 12/02/2023 11:23

I have now used the online booking 3 times, and each time when paying the deposit the box "pay balance before arrival" I have left ticked. This seems to be ignored, because each of my booking confirmations states "Balance due on arrival".

Cam a mod please pass this on to whoever sorts out these and other website errors?

Thank  you

replied on 12/02/2023 12:08

Posted on 12/02/2023 12:08

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

brue replied on 12/02/2023 12:21

Posted on 12/02/2023 12:21

I've had the same NutsyH and couldn't remember if I'd left the box ticked or unticked but nearer the time I will manually pay in advance to save waiting in the site office (hopefully?!) You could query this via the feedback form in the New Booking Experience area.

clarinetman replied on 12/02/2023 12:40

Posted on 12/02/2023 12:40

Box ticked is I agree to pay before arrival, you have to untick to pay on arrival to me another club confusing the members to their benefit.

SteveL replied on 12/02/2023 14:26

Posted on 12/02/2023 12:21 by brue

I've had the same NutsyH and couldn't remember if I'd left the box ticked or unticked but nearer the time I will manually pay in advance to save waiting in the site office (hopefully?!) You could query this via the feedback form in the New Booking Experience area.

Posted on 12/02/2023 14:26

On all the bookings I have made since deposits were introduced I have left the box ticked to allow them to collect the balance before arrival. Oddly on completion of the booking the final screen has said balance to be paid on arrival. It also says this in my bookings. However, the confirmation emails state that the balance will be taken the night before, as per my instructions. Clearly there is still a bit (lot) of fine tuning to be done with this new system. I will just wait and see what happens, checking on online banking prior to arrival, as I definitely don’t want to pay twice.😀

brue replied on 13/02/2023 08:00

Posted on 13/02/2023 08:00

I dug out my booking e mail and it does indeed say payment before arrival and in my bookings it says payment on arrival. So your suggestion is sensible. I did query earlier that there is nowhere to update card payments and since placing the last booking my card details need updating. I'm a bit concerned that this part of the payment system isn't working.

Amesford replied on 13/02/2023 10:13

Posted on 13/02/2023 08:00 by brue

I dug out my booking e mail and it does indeed say payment before arrival and in my bookings it says payment on arrival. So your suggestion is sensible. I did query earlier that there is nowhere to update card payments and since placing the last booking my card details need updating. I'm a bit concerned that this part of the payment system isn't working.

Posted on 13/02/2023 10:13

Likewise I have had a new debit card since making my two bookings, I find the whole booking system farcical perhaps we might get some answers later this month at the CAMC stand at the NEC (with our two for one tickets via CCC) 

SteveL replied on 13/02/2023 11:06

Posted on 13/02/2023 08:00 by brue

Posted on 13/02/2023 11:06

In that respect the C&CC are no different. During the excessive delay due to covid my credit card was updated. I couldn’t find a way to change it on their system so rang to ask. The only way to update it was to pay an extra pound onto the deposit for each of the sites booked with the new card. Although that worked for those bookings and the balance was taken on the morning of arrival, recently I have had 3 consecutive sites where it wasn’t and had to pay on arrival. I was wondering wether it has something to do with this extra authentication that is sometimes asked for, where I have to go on my banking app and approve the request for payment. I’ve not had any requests for the payments but perhaps it prevents it.

brue replied on 13/02/2023 12:49

Posted on 13/02/2023 12:49

Steve, yes this is apparent on both club web sites, although I presume if you make a new booking with a new card the card details will update. The two different payment messages on booking confirmation and profile bookings remain a mystery although I suppose (by chance) it covers these eventualities...?! Normally on other retail sites card updates can be added by the user.

I've contacted the feedback area to query the payment anomaly and also mentioned the inability to update a card.

I would like to have confidence in the system!

SteveL replied on 13/02/2023 13:02

Posted on 13/02/2023 12:49 by brue

Steve, yes this is apparent on both club web sites, although I presume if you make a new booking with a new card the card details will update. The two different payment messages on booking confirmation and profile bookings remain a mystery although I suppose (by chance) it covers these eventualities...?! Normally on other retail sites card updates can be added by the user.

I've contacted the feedback area to query the payment anomaly and also mentioned the inability to update a card.

I would like to have confidence in the system!

Posted on 13/02/2023 13:02

I presume if you make a new booking with a new card the card details will update.

I don’t think they would, not for the previous bookings. If they are using the same system as the C&CC.  The person I spoke to said the card details were tagged to each booking, not held centrally anywhere. Therefore I had to add a pound separately to each booking. Normally I wouldn’t have bothered, just paid on arrival, but they were operating a no contact policy during covid.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook