Recently received Mayday mailshot.

fairportfan replied on 28/03/2024 14:29

Posted on 28/03/2024 14:29

I have just received, by post, a double sided full colour mailshot advertising Mayday. Two A5 double sided sheets and an A4 part colour sheet.

Whilst I appreciate that this is the start of most folks season, and thus a timely reminder of Maydays services, I am already a subscriber to Mayday recovery, and I suspect lots more members are also. This mailshot must have cost at least £1-20 including postage .

In these days of price hikes and cost of living issues, is this really a suitable use of club resources. Particularly as I see there  is already a full page ad for Mayday on the back cover of the latest magazine. Whilst site fees continue to rocket, I consider this type of expenditure is at the least profligate. If it is felt necessary to place ads for Mayday to all members surely an insert in the magazine would be more cost effective. Goodness knows we are all used to slightly questionable extra sheets arriving with our magazines. Because of the now high costs of club sites we have joined the Camping and Caravanning club and find that their sites are often little more than half the cost of CAMC sites in the same area.

Please, please consider the rapidly escalating site fees, and perhaps consider more carefully how members subscriptions are used.

Moderator Comment - Moved to discussions as not a Story under the Guidelines

Tinwheeler replied on 28/03/2024 14:59

Posted on 28/03/2024 14:59

Don’t assume CAMC pay standard postage rates as business users are able to negotiate contract rates for regular mail and for mailshots. Therefore, it could well be more cost effective to mail shot all members than to spend admin time weeding out the existing Mayday customers.

Don’t forget that you can set your preferences in My Profile to eliminate unwanted correspondence, including opting out of the magazine.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook