Bailey unicorn Seville blinds

guitar replied on 04/09/2023 14:18

Posted on 04/09/2023 14:18

Has anyone else had trouble closing the front blind on a 2023 Seville. When we try to close ours it goes wavy and you can’t get it to go right down.

Moderator Comment - Moved from Story Section, questions should be asked in the discussion area

TimboC replied on 11/01/2024 09:26

Posted on 11/01/2024 09:26

Bailey showed the new blinds at Octobers NEC show, and say that they will be fitted to new caravans from that date.

They are more robust (like the Unicorn 4) and now have fly screens. The flyscreen on the middle window only goes halfway up, but the standard screen comes down to meet it so you can still see out and have the window open.

No idea why Bailey ran with the original screens. One dealer at the show suggested it was an error by the Purchasing Dept, which I find hard to believe.

Anyone with an issue should go to the NEC show in February, stand toe to toe with the Directors and give them both barrells.

Steve Gentle replied on 11/01/2024 12:04

Posted on 11/01/2024 12:04

Thank you for this information which is very helpful. We have got tickets for the 16th February so will be able to talk to Bailey. We are hoping that the new blinds will be on display and available as we are planning to reject our caravan if it is not sorted by end of March as we do not want another season with this problem. Do you know if the blinds are reflectively coated on the exterior as ours offer little protection against the sun. 

Jan and Steve

TimboC replied on 11/01/2024 12:14

Posted on 11/01/2024 12:14

I cant tell you that. We have a Unicorn 4, and they seemed to be the same quality. Ive got a Unicorn 5 coming in March so I hope they are true to their word, but based on what I saw last October I was happy to order. 

I would have a word with your dealer, although in my experience some really don't have a clue. We visited Bailys biggest dealer (according to them) and the 'salesman' concerned didnt know that the front lounge lights don't have usb ports in them, and was absolutely adamant that they do until I showed him. But then he'd only had the caravan on his forecourt for a year....makes you wonder if he'd ever been in it!

M20 KAV replied on 16/04/2024 20:45

Posted on 16/04/2024 20:45

We purchased new our Unicorn 5 Vigo December 2022. Storing the caravan the same day we noticed the top-half of the large front blind had not been connected to the wires that enables the blind to raise and fall effectively. So much for the pre delivery inspection! We reported the defect immediately to the dealership (our 3rd new caravan we've purchased from them) who agreed a warranty claim to replace the blinds. We suggested a simple repair would work the response being "we don't do repairs" Ok so it was the winter months and we won't be using the caravan probably not til the spring of 2023 so maybe a few weeks to wait, I thought, isn't a massive deal. 15 months on no replacement blinds!! Loads of excuses along the way from the dealership and Bailey Aftercare who, ineffect told us not to contact them further its the dealerships problem. The dealership in turn blame Bailey for not having any stock, despite the fact they are continuing to build caravans with blinds! The latest is, they are now intending to replace the 2022 blinds with 2024 Hartel blinds with internal flyscreens, brilliant but when I asked when, er we haven't got a confirmed date as yet!!!! The dealership have refused any sort of good will gesture and suggested we contact Bailey over that. Anyone else got a Bailey Warrenty Claim lasting this long or am I just a bit nieve?

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook