Alko stabiliser shortages

Tippsy replied on 08/08/2022 20:23

Posted on 08/08/2022 20:23

Hi, I'm buying a new Bailey Unicorn. Dealer has informed me it's in but alko stabliser not yet fitted due to supply difficulties.  Dealer suggests it's fine, just have to inform my insurance. When the part is available it can be fitted. Anyone else having similar issues? I'm not keen to take delivery to be honest. Advice appreciated.  Thank you.

ScreenNameC23B712782 replied on 02/02/2023 17:12

Posted on 08/08/2022 20:23 by Tippsy

Hi, I'm buying a new Bailey Unicorn. Dealer has informed me it's in but alko stabliser not yet fitted due to supply difficulties.  Dealer suggests it's fine, just have to inform my insurance. When the part is available it can be fitted. Anyone else having similar issues? I'm not keen to take delivery to be honest. Advice appreciated.  Thank you.

Posted on 02/02/2023 17:12

I bought my Bailey twin axle and had the same issue with the Alko Atc not fitted. That was September 2022 it's now February 2023 and I am still chasing the dealer,Alko and Bailey. Each passes the buck without resolution. This is an issue under the consumer credit act and from what I have learned the contract is withthe dealer.

I hope you have your situation resolved because like me you have probably paid the asking price and could be missing out on insurance discounts too.

Baskey replied on 05/02/2023 19:02

Posted on 02/02/2023 17:12 by ScreenNameC23B712782

I bought my Bailey twin axle and had the same issue with the Alko Atc not fitted. That was September 2022 it's now February 2023 and I am still chasing the dealer,Alko and Bailey. Each passes the buck without resolution. This is an issue under the consumer credit act and from what I have learned the contract is withthe dealer.

I hope you have your situation resolved because like me you have probably paid the asking price and could be missing out on insurance discounts too.

Posted on 05/02/2023 19:02

We bought unicorn vigo 5 in May 2022. At the time dealer said ATC and other items, would be available Sept or Oct. Other items missing too ... table now received, still waiting for grill pan and bedroom window (window had a fault in it). 

We are about to start chasing Bailey.

Details of Bailey contact and Any other advice welcome

Thanks Karen and Mike

ScreenNameB72C9B4538 replied on 07/02/2023 19:35

Posted on 05/02/2023 19:02 by Baskey

We bought unicorn vigo 5 in May 2022. At the time dealer said ATC and other items, would be available Sept or Oct. Other items missing too ... table now received, still waiting for grill pan and bedroom window (window had a fault in it). 

We are about to start chasing Bailey.

Details of Bailey contact and Any other advice welcome

Thanks Karen and Mike

Posted on 07/02/2023 19:35

Same as few other posts here ref Alko Atc not fitted and still not available: We bought new Unicorn June 22 and told only at handover no Atc unit fitted due to shortage. Have chased dealer and Bailey few times, Alko had said would be available Nov but here we are Feb 23 and still not available. Yet i understand new Baileys have been coming with fitted since about Nov 22. A very poor situation and Bailey don't appear to be doing much about it, certainly distinct lack of communication. Customer service to someone whose paid out £30k ???

Durham and Barrow replied on 09/05/2023 21:28

Posted on 09/05/2023 21:28

Hi

My vigo is 12 months old in June and having no luck trying to get this issue sorted.

Yes paid out 30k and was told on changeover the ATC indicator light was missing.

It consists of 2 LEDs so finding another company to produce these shouldn't be a problem if they cared....

At the time i was living in my van during the week due to work so it was moving straight onto a seasonal pitch (site is behind the dealership).

Still no table (no to bothered), received the grill last year in the post which unfortunately was not missing.

Anyone want to swap there ATC light for a grill pan?

Durham and Barrow replied on 23/09/2023 22:40

Posted on 23/09/2023 22:40

Hi

Spoke to a dealer today and they are available now.

Bailey sent me back the dealer Bardsey leisure  but they sell so many vans they don't care

P.s I bought the van from them last year as was on a seasonal pitch due to work which is behind the dealership

Cheers

John

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook