Benimar mileo 282 shower leak

admiral halsey replied on 24/06/2023 21:41

Posted on 24/06/2023 21:41

We are currently in France and one of the two plugholes in our shower has broken free from the drainage pipe. It seems that the shower base is enclosed in the motorhome,  meaning that water has appeared inside the dining area instead of just leaking straight underneath the van to the ground. 

I've done a Heath-Robinson on it. Rubber band snagged to a flange on the inside of the pipe , secured with and covered the hole with gaffer tape. Now tilted MH to send water to other plughole. 

I hope this will get us out of trouble for the rest of the holiday,  13 days.

Any other words of wisdom? Thanks.

AH

admiral halsey replied on 02/08/2023 15:27

Posted on 02/08/2023 15:27

Perhaps there are no replies because this is in the caravan section. Apologies if this sounds lame, but I couldn't find a motorhome technical section here. If there is one, Perhaps someone could post a link please as I still have issues with the shower. Thanks.

AH

Tinwheeler replied on 02/08/2023 15:43

Posted on 02/08/2023 15:43

There is a motorhome section directly below this caravan section but I suspect only someone with the same van who has experienced the same issue is likely to be able to help.

I’ll ask the CM if she can move the thread for you.

replied on 02/08/2023 16:06

Posted on 24/06/2023 21:41 by admiral halsey

We are currently in France and one of the two plugholes in our shower has broken free from the drainage pipe. It seems that the shower base is enclosed in the motorhome,  meaning that water has appeared inside the dining area instead of just leaking straight underneath the van to the ground. 

I've done a Heath-Robinson on it. Rubber band snagged to a flange on the inside of the pipe , secured with and covered the hole with gaffer tape. Now tilted MH to send water to other plughole. 

I hope this will get us out of trouble for the rest of the holiday,  13 days.

Any other words of wisdom? Thanks.

AH

Posted on 02/08/2023 16:06

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

admiral halsey replied on 02/08/2023 18:39

Posted on 02/08/2023 18:39

Yes, I'm. Home now. The MH has just has a habitation check. Unfortunately,  the engineer was unable to help without suggesting that the entire side wall may need to be removed to facilitate a fix. Obviously,  this is drastic action, which I'd rather avoid. ATM, the super glue is holding, but I don't want to push my luck.

AH

RowenaBCAMC replied on 03/08/2023 10:09

Posted on 02/08/2023 15:27 by admiral halsey

Perhaps there are no replies because this is in the caravan section. Apologies if this sounds lame, but I couldn't find a motorhome technical section here. If there is one, Perhaps someone could post a link please as I still have issues with the shower. Thanks.

AH

Posted on 03/08/2023 10:09

I've moved to the motorhome section. smile

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook