Caravan Stable Door

fatbelly replied on 21/02/2024 09:31

Posted on 21/02/2024 09:31

Looking at changing our Van later this year, but very few Vans have stable doors! Why is this do you know? We like the idea of the stable door to let fresh air in and keep our dog in. I think Baileys still have stable doors but can't think of any other manufacturers. So why don't manufacturers make Vans with stable doors?

richardandros replied on 23/02/2024 16:09

Posted on 23/02/2024 14:22 by Tinwheeler

Now it makes sense. 

Last time I was involved with caravans, it tended to be only the lower spec vans that had stable doors. See my previous post as they have drawbacks.

Posted on 23/02/2024 16:09

Every van I've had, has had a stable door.  Swift Pirouette in the 80's, Bailey Pageant about 20 odd years ago, Bailey Barcelona 5 years ago and now, our Knaus Starclass 695. Other than, perhaps, the Pageant, I wouldn't have regarded any of them as 'lower spec' and certainly not the current one.

We use ours regularly - just nice to have.  Yes, we could manage without, but we like it and none of them have ever leaked.

eribaMotters replied on 23/02/2024 16:42

Posted on 23/02/2024 16:42

You beat me to it with Knaus. I know on the continent some of the caravan models came with the option of up to 4 different doors, including a stable door option.

Colin

Tinwheeler replied on 23/02/2024 17:26

Posted on 23/02/2024 16:09 by richardandros

Every van I've had, has had a stable door.  Swift Pirouette in the 80's, Bailey Pageant about 20 odd years ago, Bailey Barcelona 5 years ago and now, our Knaus Starclass 695. Other than, perhaps, the Pageant, I wouldn't have regarded any of them as 'lower spec' and certainly not the current one.

We use ours regularly - just nice to have.  Yes, we could manage without, but we like it and none of them have ever leaked.

Posted on 23/02/2024 17:26

I refer you to the first few words of my second para, R&R. No way am I stating that lower spec is definitely the case.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook