Gas safety certificate for a seasonal pitch?

CMR76 replied on 07/04/2024 12:02

Posted on 07/04/2024 12:02

Hi All

I'm looking for some advice on gas safety certificates. I'm being asked for my certificate, which I don't have, for my stay on a seasonal pitch. I showed them my recent service but apparently need a certificate. I've read that caravans aren't subject to the regs and you only need one if your renting it out.

I may have to take the van somehwere for an inspection or vacate the site so any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Tinwheeler replied on 07/04/2024 13:01

Posted on 07/04/2024 13:01

It’s my belief that you are correct in that safety certificates are only legally needed if you rent out your van.

However, the site owner calls the shots and if he says a cert is necessary in order to use his site, so be it.

Find yourself an LPG qualified Gas Safe engineer or choose a different site would seem to be the only options.

eribaMotters replied on 07/04/2024 13:16

Posted on 07/04/2024 13:16

Put the ball back in his court. As he is asking for something over and above any legal requirement then he should be able to advise on a suitable contractor who will visit the site and do the inspection he requires.

Colin

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook