Lowdhams bad service

sparky100 replied on 16/03/2023 12:33

Posted on 16/03/2023 12:33

Has anyone got a caravan from lowdhams I am still waiting on geting things fixed from August thay do not get back to you I have been on the phone lots of emails and been up to them and thay just do not care I am thinking abouts going on to the next step 

JollyKernow replied on 26/02/2024 15:30

Posted on 26/02/2024 13:46 by Dixiee

We have been waiting over 2 years for Lowdhams to complete warranty work on our Bailey Unicorn Vigo 5. During this time we have been mislead, lied to, ignored & treated with contempt - once your money is in their bank account any customer care ends.

The list of broken promises is endless - the service department admin section is incompetent - they rarely answer the phone or reply to emails - the promise of the call back is never to be believed. The staff change continually as we assume they are sacked for being useless.

BUYER BEWARE - ONCE THEY HAVE YOUR MONEY YOU ARE NOTHING TO THEM

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED _ TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ELSEWHERE

Posted on 26/02/2024 15:30

I guess as a club member you know that you have access to a free legal helpline?

Shouting on an internet forum will only get it off your chest nothing further (and will probably get your post removed)

JK

wedgy replied on 04/03/2024 13:19

Posted on 26/02/2024 15:30 by JollyKernow

I guess as a club member you know that you have access to a free legal helpline?

Shouting on an internet forum will only get it off your chest nothing further (and will probably get your post removed)

JK

Posted on 04/03/2024 13:19

I had cause to contact the club legal helpline expecting it to be a bespoke in house service. I was dissapoted to find it was in fact a 3rd party external organisation ( similar to those used in home insurance policies) who had no interest in assisting with problem which related to a devaluation in a caravan part exchange agreed price. 

wedgy replied on 05/03/2024 22:55

Posted on 05/03/2024 22:55

I didn't expect a K.C. to be answering the phone but I did expect that I could at least speak to a member of the "club" staff at HQ who would be knowledgeable enough to vet my concern and if in agreement hopefully send a letter headed response showing the "clubs" involvement in the issue. Maybe I am getting a bit nieve in my old age expecting a club to behave in a way to protect its members.

wedgy replied on 06/03/2024 10:57

Posted on 06/03/2024 10:57

The problem was "they" didn't provide a service and the supposed Legal Help did not help and were not at all interested in helping, they even suggested I used my home insurance legal aid. 

As for the original question regarding Loudhams I have never experienced a more unprofessional company in my life. The Huddersfield branch which is now unsurprisingly closed were absolutely hopeless in every way :-

The last salesperson we dealt with had been working in a care home the week before we met and had absolutely no idea how a caravan worked. 

The hand over team were equally lacking in knowledge but stood over you when filling out the customer satisfaction questionnaire to make sure you didn't make a mistake !

Badly fitting sink top / chopping board was deemed as required to bring the whole caravan back to asses wether it was a warranty repair- this took months to resolve and the outcome was as I had asked on day one - swap with another from display stock. I refused point blank to return the van for such a trivial matter.

Leaking roof strap was left for months with Gorilla tape applied by myself to prevent further ingress of water and when we finally took the van in for the planned repair they had forgot to book it in. I left the van in the arrivals area and told them I was Tenerife bound and would return in a month and if it wasn't fixed I would commence legal action, fortunately it was repaired on our return 

I could go on ad infinitum but I will leave it here.

Tinwheeler replied on 06/03/2024 12:33

Posted on 06/03/2024 12:33

If CAMC fail to respond to a formal complaint made through the Complaints Procedure (as opposed to an ordinary email), they are in breach of their own Code of Practice. 

wedgy replied on 06/03/2024 15:51

Posted on 06/03/2024 15:51

At best an apology would be given however its quite a while ago and I and everyone else have moved on. 

I still remember my dealings with Loudhams with horror 🥶

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook