Motor mover won't lock into engage

ClubMemberCDF0B80E08 replied on 17/10/2023 12:57

Posted on 17/10/2023 12:57

Hi. 

I'm a newbie. I know very little about the technical side of caravanning but I'm learning. I have a powrtouch motor mover...12 year old. Its a manual spring engagement system using a wrench. It has worked fine until recently. Now it won't lock into the engage position on either side...as though something is stopping it and making it bounce back. I've looked underneath. The bar is not bent, there seems to be a vent pipe in front/ above one of the units but it must have always been there as there is a hole above for it to go into. Am I missing something obvious? Is this a common problem? 

jennyc replied on 02/11/2023 08:58

Posted on 02/11/2023 08:58

We’ve had our fair share of engagement problems from motor movers over the years. Our cure is to spray WD40 over anything and everything that looks like it might move. Then engage and disengage the mover about a dozen time, followed by a further WD40 coat on anything that looks starved.  Finally wipe the surplus from non moving parts. It’s never failed.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook