Sagging Seat Cushions on 2022 Swift Challenger 480

RegG replied on 07/02/2023 10:20

Posted on 07/02/2023 10:20

We took delivery of our new 2022 Swift Challenger 480 in May last year. The 'van had a lot of use during the summer months during which time we found the seat cushions very quickly started sagging where we sat near the front of the 'van, to the extent they became uncomfortable.

We spoke to the dealer about this problem and they said they would take it up with Swift. After several weeks wait, Swift then asked for photos of the seats. These were provided but I did point out that photos did not and could not show the problem. Anyway, we were asked last week to take the cushions into the dealer as Springvale had agreed to inspect them and repair if necessary. We took them in yesterday and the young lady at the dealer said it was not an uncommon problem and that as Springvale had asked to inspect the cushions it usually meant they would repair them.

Anyone else had similar problems with their more recent Swift seat cushions and, if so, what was the outcome?

Many thanks.

Freddy55 replied on 12/04/2024 18:18

Posted on 12/04/2024 18:18

Yes, exactly the same issue with our 2019 (bought new) Swift Challenger 580. After a couple of trips away both bench seats started sagging. I pointed it out to the dealer who said they could put in a warranty claim but any replacement would be like for like, so a complete waste of time. The seats are very uncomfortable so we’ve decided to bite the bullet and have it all replaced, covers also which are pretty rubbish. Our previous van (Bailey Senator) never had this issue at all, even when it was px’d at 11 years old. 

flatcoat replied on 12/04/2024 21:22

Posted on 12/04/2024 21:22

To add to my post from last year, the upgraded upholstery and filling in our previous 2016 dealer spec Sprite never exhibited any problems with cushions flattening. Due to a period of redundancy and drop in income I had to cancel plans to have upgraded foam inserted. The upholstery material isn’t however a problem for us. I’m 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook