Steca Solmar f10 Solar Controller

Forest Gate replied on 14/11/2023 21:04

Posted on 14/11/2023 21:04

Does anyone know anything about Steca Solmar Solar Controllers? 

I have one in my motorhome and was told when I bought it that both the engine and leisure batteries would be charged.

I know the controller is working as the required lights are on but I have a feeling that only the leisure battery is being charged.

I can’t find any switches to change batteries and it isn’t mentioned in the user manual so how can I confirm what it’s doing?

Grateful for any advice.

Simon100 replied on 15/11/2023 21:17

DavidKlyne replied on 15/11/2023 22:17

Posted on 15/11/2023 22:17

Often solar panel controllers are set to only provided a small charge to the cab battery, sometimes as low as 10% with the rest going to the leisure battery. Usually the percentage of charge to the different batteries can be adjusted to send a bigger charge to the cab battery and a lower charge to the leisure. That information should be in the link provided by Simon or a manual if you have one.

David

PeteCI replied on 19/11/2023 19:43

Posted on 19/11/2023 19:43

You don't say which model of Steca controller you have but all those I can see on the internet have only one output. That should be connected to your leisure battery so you will not be charging your engine battery. 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook