10+ yr GAP

ClubMember130A4CEB3F replied on 26/09/2023 21:05

Posted on 26/09/2023 21:05

Our motorhome was 10yrs old on 1st Sept. Does anyone know of a company who will provide GAP insurance ? All seem to cut off at 10yrs yet the value or potential loss against insurance payment could be quite substantial

Tinwheeler replied on 26/09/2023 21:44

Posted on 26/09/2023 21:44

GAP is not something I’ve ever entertained but I’m not sure it would be worthwhile now in view of the current market value of MHs. The value of yours is likely to be close to the price you paid 10 years ago so if you insure it at its current market value, surely that’s all you need?

DavidKlyne replied on 27/09/2023 09:30

Posted on 27/09/2023 09:30

I have used GAP Insurance on a couple of new cars simply because of the risk of total loss within the first three years is greater due to more depreciation and of course to protect the owner especially if the vehicle has been purchased on finance. Motorhomes tend not to depreciate at the same rate as cars so there would be a question mark in my mind of what the value would be in having the insurance? When you insure your motorhome in the normal way the insurance company will know roughly its market value and if you were in the unfortunate position of having it stolen or written off that insured value is what you should get? 

A guide to GAP Insurance for older vehicles  here 

David

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook