bailey autograph 794t 3 series 2020 dashlight faul

GLOBETROTTERS replied on 24/11/2023 16:25

Posted on 24/11/2023 16:25

hi all.i have a dash warning light problem.showing seatbelt light air bag light and the mileage amount is flashing now and then it says on dash refer to handbook.i have searched high and low in the book and i think it may be to do with  the seatbelt pre tension or airbag fault.only just started.anyone got any ideas.cheers.

Tinwheeler replied on 24/11/2023 16:43

Posted on 24/11/2023 16:43

You need to get the faults properly analysed. I guess it’s a Peugeot so you probably need a garage with access to the Peugeot software or maybe your beakdown service will be able to help.

DavidKlyne replied on 24/11/2023 16:57

Posted on 24/11/2023 16:57

If you use Facebook it might be worth becoming a member of the Bailey Motorhome Owners Group as there is a lot of experience of such things there. Unfortunately, and a frustration to many owners,  many Peugeot dealers can't/won't deal with motorhomes because of space restrictions. If you can flag up where you are in the country others might be able to suggest dealers that could help. I know of one in Wellingborough but that could be miles from where you live.

David

LLM replied on 24/11/2023 17:44

Posted on 24/11/2023 17:44

Almost certainly a fault with the Crash Data Airbag Module.  It's a common problem and not a cheap fix. I suggest you have a read of the info on this site CrashData Co. There are other companies that also do repairs and resets.  Good luck.

GLOBETROTTERS replied on 24/11/2023 20:42

Posted on 24/11/2023 20:42

hi guys.yes its a peugoet base veh.came back from sth ireland trip 4 weeks ago.keep veh at home on drive.no faults at all on veh.parked up went out today to give it a run.allthings gone wrong today.not been involved in bump no activation of airbags etc.just cant understand why faults are appeared.

LLM replied on 24/11/2023 20:59

Posted on 24/11/2023 20:59

A few questions.  Was the vehicle on EHU whilst on the drive?  Does it have a solar panel?  Prior to you taking it for s run was the engine battery fully charged or a bit low?  

Tammygirl replied on 24/11/2023 21:03

Posted on 24/11/2023 21:03

Sorry to say it's a known fault that both Peugeot and Fiat bases vans suffer from. It's been happening for years and neither companies appear to have bothered about finding a fix for it. 

It is the airbag ecu that has blown, as suggested look at Crash data website. 

Our current Fiat based MH had this happen to it 2 years ago and Crash data replaced a component in the module. Great service.

Our previous Bailey MH had the same thing happen back in 2015, unfortunately it was just out of warrenty but we managed to get Peugeot to pay half the £400 costs.

Wish we had known back then about Crashdata. 

LLM replied on 24/11/2023 21:19

Posted on 24/11/2023 21:19

As TG says the problem you have described is very common.  Mostly the cause is indeterminate but often attributed to low voltage or a high voltage spike. 

Thinking ahead, if your van is normally parked on the drive and is equipped with a smart charger then it's a good move to leave it on EHU 24/7.  

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook