Burstner Ixeo I744 headlamp adjustment for France

Morrissey Family replied on 07/02/2020 10:07

Posted on 07/02/2020 10:07

Hi, I'm rather new to this great leisure activity. I'm struggling to get a definitive reply to whether the Burstner Ixeo I744 (UK registered) requires headlamp deflectors for France. I've searched the forum but to no avail. Has anybody got any experience on this please?

Many thanks

Nick

EmilysDad replied on 07/02/2020 10:42

Posted on 07/02/2020 10:42

I'd be very disappointed if I had such a nice motorhome as that & had to use tuppeny ha'penny stickers on my headlights.

What kind of headlights are they? 'Normal' tungsten or HID or LED 

I'd expect to find a shutter in the back of the headlight or if LED be able to swap over from inside the vehicle. 

I assume there's nothing in the handbook re driving 'over there'

Morrissey Family replied on 07/02/2020 12:11

Posted on 07/02/2020 12:11

Hi, thanks for the post. Well, the instruction book covers the Lyseo I model and the Ixeo. There is an adjustment by the lamp for the Lyseo, but it is silent on any adjustment for the Ixeo. It says H7 12V 55W bulbs, so I guess Halogen. I could put a sticker on just in case, but it seems pointless if it isn't needed....also worried about some officious traffic copy also having their own view on Brexit....!

Tinwheeler replied on 07/02/2020 12:48

Posted on 07/02/2020 12:11 by Morrissey Family

Hi, thanks for the post. Well, the instruction book covers the Lyseo I model and the Ixeo. There is an adjustment by the lamp for the Lyseo, but it is silent on any adjustment for the Ixeo. It says H7 12V 55W bulbs, so I guess Halogen. I could put a sticker on just in case, but it seems pointless if it isn't needed....also worried about some officious traffic copy also having their own view on Brexit....!

Posted on 07/02/2020 12:48

Have you looked in the handbook for the base vehicle rather than the conversion? 

Morrissey Family replied on 07/02/2020 13:02

Posted on 07/02/2020 13:02

Hi, yes, looking at the Fiat manual, the base vehicle (Fiat Ducato) has different lights to the Ixeo, also both the Lyseo and Ixeo are built on this base, and the Burstner manual refers to the adjustment for the Lyseo, but makes no mention of having to adjust for the Ixeo.

replied on 07/02/2020 13:17

Posted on 07/02/2020 13:17

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

peedee replied on 07/02/2020 13:18

Posted on 07/02/2020 13:18

Unless you intend driving at night, I wouldn't worry too much about conversion of lights. I stopped blanking mine years ago and have never had a problem yet. How is a policeman to know you have not adjusted them if by chance you are stopped?

peedee

peedee replied on 07/02/2020 13:22

Posted on 07/02/2020 13:22

Quite agree AD, I have been stopped 3 times in 30 years and only once was it for a roadside check of documentation and breathaliser. That was in Spain as well.

peedee

EmilysDad replied on 07/02/2020 14:20

Posted on 07/02/2020 14:20

As above a French copper isn't going to know just by looking at your vehicle whether you've adjusted your headlights. I alter mine (HIDs) to symmetrical via an option within the dash cluster.

I'd ask at Fiat. What does the beam look like if you shine your headlights at a garage door/wall? You normally get a beam pattern of \____  \____ if you have an asymmetrical beam that needs something doing to it.

eurortraveller replied on 07/02/2020 14:48

Posted on 07/02/2020 10:07 by Morrissey Family

Hi, I'm rather new to this great leisure activity. I'm struggling to get a definitive reply to whether the Burstner Ixeo I744 (UK registered) requires headlamp deflectors for France. I've searched the forum but to no avail. Has anybody got any experience on this please?

Many thanks

Nick

Posted on 07/02/2020 14:48

Nick, Do the simple thing and ask Burstner themselves.  There's a contact form on their website with an Ask a question option. 

MichaelT replied on 07/02/2020 17:24

Posted on 07/02/2020 17:24

Looks like they are Hella headlights, behind them there are some screws, yo remove one then loosen the others and turn 30 degrees, this then gives yo a flat beam, it is what I have done and left it permanently even for UK.  

Here is a video no need to take the light out completely you can do it in situ but it may be a bit tight to get your head in, I was OK on mine but had to be a bit of  a contortionist.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook