Elddis Encore 255 Motorhome

motorroamer replied on 15/09/2019 20:53

Posted on 15/09/2019 20:53

I am about to take delivery of a new 2019 Elddis Motorhome has anyone got one and can give me any reviews good or bad? this is my first Motorhome.

Tinwheeler replied on 15/09/2019 21:03

Posted on 15/09/2019 21:03

Even if I knew, it’s a bit late to tell you what’s good or bad seeing you’re about to take delivery but enjoy your van and I hope you’re happy with it. 😀

DavidKlyne replied on 15/09/2019 22:11

Posted on 15/09/2019 22:11

Have you checked the internet to see if there are any Facebook Groups for Elddis motorhomes, they are usually a good source of feedback. Funnily enough we had one parked next to us last night in Forfar.

David

QFour replied on 20/09/2019 07:15

Posted on 20/09/2019 07:15

Bit late to start asking about them. You should have researched your Dealer as well. Some of the Dealers out there cannot get hold of your money quick enough. MAKE SURE BEFORE YOU PAY FOR IT that it is exactly what you ordered and that EVERYTHING works. No matter what the salesman says once you leave their premises you are in the hands of the AFTERSALES team who will in some cases thwart your every attempt to get it fixed.

A lot of Dealers like to GET THE PAPERWORK OUT OF THE WAY FIRST. Insist they go through everything first and then you pay. Have fun hope it all works out.

young thomas replied on 20/09/2019 16:33

Posted on 20/09/2019 16:33

agree with Q4, check thr van against the order fo all those extras you negotiated..

have a look at a habitation checklist and you can use this to ensure everything (not just what you think of) works correctly.

obvious things like, heating and hot water (gas and electric) fridge (gas, electric, 12v) battery charging (all batteries being charged from alternator, 230v hook up, solar panel if fitted).

check all drawers, cupboard catches, bed making (if applicable), check all taps (kitchen, washroom, shower for hot and cold) all external lockers, water tank gauges for accuracy, same with battery readings.

check gas/electric kitchen burners, check oven, microwave, etc, even tpilet flush.

just a few obvious items but try to imagine how youd use the van..

good luck.

Takethedogalong replied on 20/09/2019 18:55

Posted on 20/09/2019 18:55

Crikey Motoroamer, I’d have a bit of a read about impulse buying given looking at your previous posts😱Wishing you all the very best, and hope things work out for you. 👍

Heethers replied on 27/09/2019 09:44

Posted on 27/09/2019 09:44

You will always get bad reviews on any MH or caravan if you look hard enough, just make sure you check the van on pre delivery and pick up on anything before you sign for it. Could you not take a Motorhome with you, someone you know, they may be better at spotting any negatives before you do. Obviously major problems arise after you have accepted it, l am afraid you will have to deal with the dealer under the warranty, make sure you keep all the necessary paperwork, plus your receipt of invoice. Good luck l am sure everything will be fine, l had issues with every new caravan we bought all were put right by the dealer.

Heethers

ATDel replied on 28/09/2019 19:36

Posted on 28/09/2019 19:36

We took delivery of an Elddis  dealer special 155 April last year. Overall the Motorhome has performed well, not without its niggles and warranty issues, all sorted out by my dealer. 

I think they are great value for money looking at similar models from uk manufacturers.

there is a Facebook group called Elddis Motorhome owners, good friendly group with lots of help and tips

motorroamer replied on 29/09/2019 20:29

Posted on 29/09/2019 20:29

Thank you all for your advice, I actually pick the motorhome up on Friday 4th Otober and go straight onto the Malvern Motorhome show to try it out.

Heethers replied on 30/09/2019 11:42

Posted on 30/09/2019 11:42

All the best Motoroamer with your new van, we have just changed from a caravan to a motorhome, not regretted one minute of it. We take advantage of the cheap prices Monday to Friday its normally quieter, plus we can get in the sites that are usually booked up at the weekends have good week at Malvern try and walk a couple of them fantastic views to the welsh mountains and across the countryside and beyond.

Heethers

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook