Insurance with Spanish license

Gooner Bob replied on 13/04/2024 11:05

Posted on 13/04/2024 11:05

If there's a better forum for this question then feel free to redirect me.

I'm English born and bred but to be able to spend time in Spain I had to get residencia and swap my license for a Spanish one. I intend to buy a 6m-ish campervan in England and keep it at my house in Devon. I would like to tour for say 3-4 months a year in Europe. The issue I'm having is regarding insurance. One broker I approached said they could only place me with one company because I have residencia in Spain.. I pointed out I've owned the house devon since 99 and I'm a british citizen that just happens to spend time at my Spanish house.

1. To anyone's knowledge, should my status with a Spanish license be a problem for any insurers you may know of?
  2. Should I just get insurance online, declaring my Spanish license
  3. Is 3-4 months in Europe a "normal" requirement?

All help gratefully received

Bob

eurortraveller replied on 22/04/2024 16:41

Posted on 22/04/2024 16:41

The comparison site Compare the market .com has an article on line on that very subject. It says someone in your position can ask them to quote for motor insurance. So perhaps just do that 

MoHoSinger replied on 22/04/2024 19:09

Posted on 22/04/2024 19:09

Caravan Guard do cover with up to 9 months in Europe. I know that because I am about to go with them. Most others seem to quote 1 month max.

Cannot help with your other questions. Best to ring them and ask.

Chris

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook