Michelin Tyre Pressures

MichaelT replied on 21/03/2019 08:46

Posted on 21/03/2019 08:46

I know there has been  few threads on this but below is an email from Michelin regarding the Agilis camping tyres I got from another site.  It was the same advice given to me via a chat.

Thank you for contacting MICHELIN Customer Service,

Regarding your query, we only have the pressure recommendation for our MICHELIN Agilis Camping.

The pressure recommendation for the rear (single) axle of a motor-home running on the MICHELIN Agilis Camping is 80 PSI. This is due to the construction of the tyre with 2 casing plies enabling the use of higher pressures.

It’s construction and the use of higher pressures is designed to cope with continual heavy loads sometimes found on motor-homes and can help with wear pattern issues, if lower pressures are used particularly on the rear axle.

The front tyres however can be adjusted down to a pressure of 65 PSI for a more comfortable ride and optimum performance.

Here are some safety points to be taken into account when it comes to tyre

pressures:

1. Always check the pressures when the vehicle tyres are cold. We consider

the tyres being cold if they haven’t been used for at least 2 hours of it

they have rolled less than 4 km at low speed. If the tyres are not under

this conditions they are considered to be hot.

2. When the tyres are hot you should always add 4,4 PSI to the recommended

pressure.

3. Please remember - Never deflate a hot tyre!

I hope this information was helpful and please do not hesitate to contact

us again if you have any further questions or concerns. We are happy to help.

Kind regards,Dora

MICHELIN Customer Care

Passenger Car & Light Truck Tyres

Lutz replied on 19/12/2023 08:54

Posted on 19/12/2023 08:54

Tyre pressures are not only determined by axle load. Vehicle handling also plays a part. Raising the rear tyre pressures, or lowering those at the front, will correct oversteer and the opposite will correct understeer. In addition, some manufacturers recommend increasing tyre pressures simply to reduce fuel consumption.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook