Motorcaravan Guide

Cushie replied on 11/04/2023 16:14

Posted on 11/04/2023 16:14

What a good idea this is, published in Club Magazine April, 2023, page 14.

Excellent idea if you can get this to work. But all I get after several attempts at trying to copy an extremely complicated web address is either page not available or asking for a subscription to a site I do not wish to employ on a time limited subscription

Would it be so unusual to publish a truncated form of address instead of 

https://paperturn-view.com/ncc/ncc-motorcaravan-guide?pid=MzA305376&p=7&v=1.1

Try this:-  "ncc-motorcaravan-guide"  to give the PDF download.

Having spent a tedious hour correcting this I'm hoping that this link can be published as a live hyperlink for you click and collect. Bon chance amis!

Tinwheeler replied on 10/11/2023 15:47

Posted on 10/11/2023 15:27 by dick n liddy

That looks like a good option, but we really need something with 4 seat belts, two berth is fine but we help out with grandchildren sometimes during the school holidays and they live quite far away so need our own sleeping arrangements.  What would you say would be the next ‘step up’?

Posted on 10/11/2023 15:47

It’s not so much a step up as looking at different layouts and there are loads of them. Look around and see what takes your fancy.

I think you’re saying you need 4 belted travelling seats but only 2 sleeping berths. It’s definitely possible. The Wildax Pulsar at only 5m fits that bill but is, inevitably, less spacious inside.

I think the best thing is to get yourself off to a few dealerships and check out what’s on their forecourts.

dick n liddy replied on 10/11/2023 15:48

Posted on 10/11/2023 15:48

Thanks yt for your input, we’ll only be sleeping 2 so don’t need a pop top, and will only need storage for 2, but seatbelts for 4 for trips out with grandchildren during the day.  It’s a huge decision and I had hoped to decide on layout etc and then find one to hire for a week or so to be sure.

DavidKlyne replied on 10/11/2023 15:48

Posted on 10/11/2023 15:27 by dick n liddy

That looks like a good option, but we really need something with 4 seat belts, two berth is fine but we help out with grandchildren sometimes during the school holidays and they live quite far away so need our own sleeping arrangements.  What would you say would be the next ‘step up’?

Posted on 10/11/2023 15:48

I think you can still find PVC's with four seat belts but if you want that in a 6 metre van you will only get a transverse double bed, rather than two longer beds which can be used as singles. You would probably need to go for a 6.4 metre van conversion to get long bunks, if it is an absolute that you need four seat belts. Having changed from a caravan, after thirty years, to ten years ago changing to a motorhome we went for, initially, one that more or less replicated our caravan in terms of space. Very comfortable it was to but not so convenient for taking off site. We compensated for this by using sites either within walking distance of things or close to public transport. As we have aged so has our mobility! Probably a good idea to get to a large dealer which will have a variety of vans/motorhomes on display so you get a feel for the different layouts and sizes. 

David

dick n liddy replied on 26/04/2024 12:06

Posted on 26/04/2024 12:06

Does anyone have an Autotrail F60, and can tell me how long the bench seats are and how low the double bed will drop down.

eurortraveller replied on 26/04/2024 12:37

Posted on 26/04/2024 12:06 by dick n liddy

Does anyone have an Autotrail F60, and can tell me how long the bench seats are and how low the double bed will drop down.

Posted on 26/04/2024 12:37

Answer is the same as TW gave you on 10/11/23. Go to an Autotrail dealer (there are 20) and check if it is suitable for you.

Tinwheeler replied on 26/04/2024 12:40

Posted on 26/04/2024 12:40

As the F60 only sleeps 2, I assume you have the choice of using either the drop down double or the 4’8” long bunks made into a double. If correct, this suggests the drop down bed drops low onto the fixed bunks.

I can’t see where the 3rd and 4th belted seats are🤷🏻‍♂️. Suggest again you view one to sort out the queries👍🏻

Edit: cross posted with Euro.

dick n liddy replied on 26/04/2024 13:04

Posted on 26/04/2024 13:04

Sorry I’m repeating myself, I don’t know how to look back an my earlier questions, I’ll try to find one to physically look at, thanks for your help

Tinwheeler replied on 26/04/2024 13:13

Posted on 26/04/2024 13:13

You have earlier posts in this thread but you can check your previous activity via your profile - the easiest way is to tap your avatar.

You really do need to check out MHs 'in the flesh' to get an idea of suitability.

dick n liddy replied on 26/04/2024 13:32

Posted on 26/04/2024 13:32

Thanks very much TW managed to look back at my earlier questions and appreciate your help.  We recently went to a camper van and motorhome show and while there was a huge selection we’ve been unable to find a hire vehicle in a layout that interests us.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook