Motorcaravan Guide

Cushie replied on 11/04/2023 16:14

Posted on 11/04/2023 16:14

What a good idea this is, published in Club Magazine April, 2023, page 14.

Excellent idea if you can get this to work. But all I get after several attempts at trying to copy an extremely complicated web address is either page not available or asking for a subscription to a site I do not wish to employ on a time limited subscription

Would it be so unusual to publish a truncated form of address instead of 

https://paperturn-view.com/ncc/ncc-motorcaravan-guide?pid=MzA305376&p=7&v=1.1

Try this:-  "ncc-motorcaravan-guide"  to give the PDF download.

Having spent a tedious hour correcting this I'm hoping that this link can be published as a live hyperlink for you click and collect. Bon chance amis!

MoHoSinger replied on 27/04/2024 06:30

Posted on 27/04/2024 06:30

There are currently 14 used and new Auto-Trail F-line F60s on Autotrader. Likely one of those advertised will be near you.  

Not all of them have seatbelts for 4. Some have straight single berth settees either side. Others have the familiar L shaped dinette giving scope for the two additional belted seats. 

They look to be a really tidy MoHo. Only major downside is the circa extra 20cm of width over mine that I would need to get used to. However do not underestimate also the need for garage space on a van. I started out thinking  there was far too much on mine but I now appreciate the ability to securely store my folding Ebike unfolded and ready to role!  The F60 looks to have a reasonable size garage but do not underestimate the amount of junk you will end up taking with you - outdoor chairs and table, maybe a barbecue, etc, etc. 

Given the width you really do need at least to get a test drive if you are unable to hire. 

Chris

trev864 replied on 29/04/2024 22:53

Posted on 29/04/2024 22:53

The section regarding speed limits in the document that is linked in this post is incorrect in a couple of places.

The body type shown on the V5 registration document does not affect speed limits.  Quote from the DVLA website.......'The body type does not affect the insurance category of the vehicle, or have any effect on speed limits or other legislative requirements. It is only used for establishing vehicle appearance and identification.'

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/converting-a-vehicle-into-a-motor-caravan/converting-a-vehicle-into-a-motor-caravan

The speed limits quoted also mention an unladen weight of '3500kg or less.'

This should be 3050kg not 3500kg.

https://www.gov.uk/speed-limits

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook