Swift Command Tracker

Dandynics replied on 05/11/2021 09:21

Posted on 05/11/2021 09:21

Having only just paid £130 and started to subscribe to this service, my 1st experience of swift command tracker has not been a good one.

A few weeks after starting this service I drove our motorhome to a garage a little over a mile away from its normal storage location. When I returned home, I thought I would check to see how far the garage would drive the van on its test drive. To my surprise the tracker was still showing it in its storage location and not at the garage where it had been left a few hours before.

I contacted swift command for an explanation only to be told the tracker had failed 24 hours earlier, how long would it have been before swift command notified me? With no functioning tracker would my insurance pay out if this was a genuine theft?

A new tracking device is being sent to me free of charge, but I’m having to refit the new unit because I can’t find anyone to carry out the work for a couple of weeks.

I for on am not very impressed

Dandynics replied on 06/11/2021 09:10

Posted on 06/11/2021 09:10

Thanks for your help and advice, I’ve had my rant.

I now have two trackers, one on the desk in front of me and another somewhere hidden in the van. The company where I purchased the van (which is still under warrantee) don’t phone me back.

It’s poor shoddy service all round, absolutely no consideration for the people they call customers, why do we have to fight with these people when something goes wrong.

They forget, we pay their wages.

Zawadi replied on 06/06/2022 18:26

Posted on 06/11/2021 09:10 by Dandynics

Thanks for your help and advice, I’ve had my rant.

I now have two trackers, one on the desk in front of me and another somewhere hidden in the van. The company where I purchased the van (which is still under warrantee) don’t phone me back.

It’s poor shoddy service all round, absolutely no consideration for the people they call customers, why do we have to fight with these people when something goes wrong.

They forget, we pay their wages.

Posted on 06/06/2022 18:26

Was this ever resolved for you? I need to replace my tracker battery and would appreciate a guide towards where the back up battery is located. For an easy swap out, paying through the nose to a dealer to do it is money down the drain.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook