Thetford N3000 Fridge

Sondardo replied on 11/02/2024 10:25

Posted on 11/02/2024 10:25

Hi Everyone,

Just testing the above fridge and there is power etc. but the display does not show any of the characters - there is back light to it but obviously no good for setting parameters etc.  Do you think it needs replacing or its there some sneaky method to get it back working!  I reckon a new one myself!

Thanks

John

Kasspa replied on 12/02/2024 17:22

Posted on 11/02/2024 10:25 by Sondardo

Hi Everyone,

Just testing the above fridge and there is power etc. but the display does not show any of the characters - there is back light to it but obviously no good for setting parameters etc.  Do you think it needs replacing or its there some sneaky method to get it back working!  I reckon a new one myself!

Thanks

John

Posted on 12/02/2024 17:22

Hi Sondardo, interesting this as I had a similar issue on a habitation check in 2022 when it had been working perfectly well all weekend & had driven to the dealership direct from the venue.....

I was told I needed a replacement control panel but I challenged this & would carry out my own checks..... see my notes below, the 2 'fixes' have proven to work, the 1st I found doing a Google search, the 2nd was my own fix, cured my problem with the fridge panel, which is a Thetford N3150.

I did have an issue with a boiler error code & not sure if checking fuses triggered it but as stated above reset below works.....

Hope this helps.

Truma Boiler Reset

If the Control Panel shows Fault Code E517 H, ensure there is gas in the cylinder & it is turned on……

Remove cover & press black reset button until a flashing yellow light appears & release immediately.

Do Not Hold Too Long or Reset will not be performed.

If only a Green light is now visible, boiler has reset & is ready to use.

*The above fault will display if power source is set to Gas but it is not turned on*

To use boiler/heater on EHU only, ensure settings for hot water & heating are off, then select E1/E2.

Select settings for hot water/heat as required.

Fridge Control Panel Reset

If the Control Panel on fridge cannot be changed manually to either change power source or select cooling level, try removing & replacing the 3A fuses.

This defect appeared on its 2022 Habitation Check even though the fridge had been continuously used over the weekend & having being told that a replacement panel was required I investigated further.

The above procedure saved a hefty & unnecessary bill by simply trying to identify the power feeds.

N.B. – power sources changed automatically but cooling level would remain the same.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook