TV Power Confusion

replied on 02/06/2022 06:10

Posted on 02/06/2022 06:10

We're pretty new to MH world so expect lots of questions over time :-). First one is to get sound for the drop down TV in the cab of an Autotrail Mohawk we have to choose the source from the cab dash console which then puts the sound through the cabs speakers. My concern is that this will drain the MH battery, like leaving the radio on would do.

Can anyone confirm whether it uses the MH battery or Leisure battery in this scenario?

Thanks in advance

Pete

SteveL replied on 02/06/2022 06:34

Posted on 02/06/2022 06:34

I can’t confirm which battery, although I would suspect the MH battery. The entertainment unit / sat nav in ours certainly does. Also the tracker. However, it will only flatten it if it isn’t being recharged. Ours charges either from mains (via battery charger) if hooked up, or  the solar panels if not. If you measure the voltage from the cab battery when you’ve been parked up a while it should establish what is happening. If it’s reading 13 plus volts it is being recharged,  if only 12.7 or less it’s not. You may have an inbuilt display that shows the state of charge for each battery, otherwise you could use a multi meter.

Apperley replied on 04/06/2022 19:59

Posted on 04/06/2022 19:59

What is the make and model of your motorhome and your ‘can dash console’, by which I think you mean your radio head unit. Typically this will have the radio, sat nav and reversing camera screen maybe.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook