Water heater in Bailey Adamo constantly on

Rourkton replied on 05/11/2023 19:37

Posted on 05/11/2023 19:37

The water in my Bailey Adamo 75 4i is constantly being heated despite Truma control turned off. Any thoughts / solutions?

DavidKlyne replied on 05/11/2023 20:13

Posted on 05/11/2023 20:13

I have a Bailey Alliance which probably has the same Truma CP control panel. Firstly the main motorhome control panel (usually over the hab door) needs to be on for the 12v system, which controls the Truma panel?   Is it possible that the hot water has not been switched off but the Truma control has gone into sleep mode? How are you determining that the hot water is on all the time? Even when off the water will stay hot for some time.

David

Rourkton replied on 07/11/2023 11:38

Posted on 07/11/2023 11:38

Thanks David

Water was still hot after 24 hrs and having run at least 20l through the system. Truma panel was still operating the cab heating and hot water was definitely off on the panel.

Kasspa replied on 08/11/2023 14:47

Posted on 07/11/2023 11:38 by Rourkton

Thanks David

Water was still hot after 24 hrs and having run at least 20l through the system. Truma panel was still operating the cab heating and hot water was definitely off on the panel.

Posted on 08/11/2023 14:47

If water was still hot after 24 hours I'd suggest it was still permanently heating it up......

I have the Truma app on my phone, use it via bluetooth in the van to change any settings if we're sitting, boost heat, water, have even used the timer so it comes on ready for the morning....

Give it a go, it just may well show you what settings are not switching off.....

Hth

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook