Where is rear view camera fuse?

MountainView replied on 08/05/2022 20:53

Posted on 08/05/2022 20:53

Got a Swift Lifestyle 624 built on a Fiat Ducato with a Swift installed 2-channel camera display unit instead of the central rear-view mirror. Rear view camera comes on automatically with ignition and automatically switches to downward facing camera when reverse gear engaged. Until yesterday I've never even touched it because it has always worked automatically every time. But yesterday when I started the engine the display was dead. I tried pressing the on/off switch and the various other switches. Nothing. I'm hoping it is just a fuse. But where is the fuse? Swift manual says the fuses are in the habitation area fusebox Power Supply Unit. I've studied them but none are labelled camera. I've taken each fuse out and checked it, but none have blown. Does anyone know if there's another fuse somewhere else? If not, has anyone got any suggestions? The cable goes direct into the display unit so I can't unplug it to test continuity. The cable is not easily accessible once it goes into the roof above the passenger. I'm going away in the motorhome in a couple of days and I can't get anyone to look at it before I go and I'd like to have it working for the trip. Any help/advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

ScreenNameACD0D59C1E replied on 06/08/2023 16:18

Posted on 21/06/2023 16:59 by Kontiki 679

Hi, I have this exact issue with the added complication that it’s caused the D+ supply to the fridge (engine running) to fail too. 

did you manage to get it sorted at the dealer? 

any help would be greatly appreciated!

TIA

David

Posted on 06/08/2023 16:18

Hi David, Did you manage to sort this problem as we have the same problem ! 

Thanks 

Katrina 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook