Wiring problem peugot boxer 1998

Daemonix replied on 19/08/2023 15:33

Posted on 19/08/2023 15:33

Hi, going slightly mad trying to find information on this. I have a peugot 2.5L Boxer, while checking underneath and renewing protection there I found a wire hanging down by the front left wheel. This wire has been cut in two places probably wear and tear. I can easily repair it BUT there is a small black object in it which I have no idea what it may be, not even sure what the wire is for as it disappears into the wheel assembly, brake, speed sensor ?? No idea. Anyway can anyone tell me what the small black tubelike thing is, it could just be a connector but the wire has come away from the top end and i can't see any way for it to pull apart as a connector would. I can replace the wire easily but this thing could be anything and I don't have one of whatever it is. Help :)

gwinch replied on 19/08/2023 20:05

Posted on 19/08/2023 20:05

Does  the van have anti-lock braking and/or front disc brakes with pad wear indicators fitted. From location described, possibly either/or.

Daemonix replied on 19/08/2023 20:25

Posted on 19/08/2023 20:25

It's possible either way tbh, 1998 would it have abs, I can't see an abs warning indicator on the dash. Anyway I have reconnected it and managed to include the black torpedo so hopefully all is well now whatever it's function may be 😊

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook