Kampa rally pro 2017 or 2018 which model?

psmiffy replied on 10/03/2018 20:07

Posted on 10/03/2018 20:07

I'm looking at the 260m size of the kampa rally air pro awning. There are some 2017 models still around at the dealers that are a fair bit less spendy than the 2018 versions. Does anyone know what the difference is between the two models. Cheers, Paul

Supreme840 replied on 10/03/2018 22:11

Posted on 10/03/2018 22:11

There maybe other changes as well but the 2017s don’t have the inner zips on the front panels to fit the mesh screens 

Daisy2 replied on 10/03/2018 22:35

Posted on 10/03/2018 22:35

Hi Psmiffy

I don't claim to be knowledgeable in this area, but we went to the NEC show in February with a view to buying an awning for our new-to-us little caravan.  I had settled on the Kampa Rally Air Pro 200, but like you, was unsure whether to get the 2018 model or save money buying the 2017.  As it happens I managed to get a fantastic deal at the show, and went for the 2018 model.  From memory they explained at the show that the roof design was different, with the 2018 model supposedly better for preventing water pooling, something to do with the zips/stitching being different and although you can fit the large mesh panels to the front on the 2017 you have to remove the window panels to do so, whereas the 2018 model has a set of inner zips (as mentioned by Supreme840 already) so that you can keep the mesh panels in place and roll the window panels to the side.  Oh, and I think there might have been a window that has a mesh panel to it on the 2018 model as well.  Would I have gone for the 2018 model at £100 more than the 2017 model?  I'm not sure to be honest, but the deal I got at the show made it an easy decision.  I'd love to let you know whether it was a good choice, but it doesn't get delivered until next week.  You could try some haggling to get the price down on the 2018 model?

Daisy

psmiffy replied on 11/03/2018 19:24

Posted on 11/03/2018 19:24

Thanks for the helpful replies, Hope I've gone for the right choice. In the end it came down to price, as the features in the newer models seem to be mods I don't really need. On a side note, the (young) salesperson told me that the concept of blow up tents and awnings is new, never seen before technology. I camped in a blow up igloo tent back in the early seventies. It had an inflatable rib on each corner just like the 'new technology' 

Thanks again, Paul 

psmiffy replied on 17/03/2018 22:26

Posted on 17/03/2018 22:26

Well, it arrived and having saved around £150 by ordering the 2017 model I'm chuffed to bits. It's a bit of a lump compared to our old poled awning but once it's wrestled into the awning rail the rest (pumping up) is so easy and it feels really solid. We had deliberated at length over pole or pump up and I'm happy we made the right choice.

Paul 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook