Removing Oxidation on a Caravan

Joff and Gill replied on 11/09/2023 17:34

Posted on 11/09/2023 17:34

I know this post is 2 years old but just in case anyone else has an oxidation problem, I found that Silky didn't work at all (it even smudged the dark streaks as well) but G3 Pro by Farecla has done a great job on our 2012 Bailey. It takes some elbow grease and time but apply some (the liquid is best) to a damp cloth, gently rub over a small area, and then buff off with a soft cloth. The shine has come back really nicely

Ray55 replied on 13/05/2024 14:26

Posted on 05/05/2021 12:05 by commeyras

Has anyone used VISTAL to remove the dulling caused by oxidation from their caravan/MH?

Posted on 13/05/2024 14:26

I know this is an old post but I also posted on this subject some time ago but can no longer find that post to show how bad my caravan was. I used Bullet 357 colour restorer with excellent results.

Image is today after re applying this year. 2007 Caravan.

Issue uploading the image, sorry

Ray

Ray55 replied on 13/05/2024 18:38

Posted on 13/05/2024 14:26 by Ray55

I know this is an old post but I also posted on this subject some time ago but can no longer find that post to show how bad my caravan was. I used Bullet 357 colour restorer with excellent results.

Image is today after re applying this year. 2007 Caravan.

Issue uploading the image, sorry

Ray

Posted on 13/05/2024 18:38

THis is the image I tried to upload earlier. 

Just an update on using Bullet 357, keep it away from any decals on the van and also the chrome effect lettering. It will take the colour out of your lettering and mark the decals. 

Ray

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook