Thetford S-CK13000 dual fuel cooker

Interested replied on 02/12/2012 15:44

Posted on 02/12/2012 15:44

(Moved from Forum Feedback)

Since March 2012 when we purchased a new van with this type of cooker I have had to use an oven thermometer to check the oven temperature constantly when reheating chilled meals. It initially takes around 20 mins to reach 240C after which it drops way below this and takes about 10 mins to get back up to 190C. -(actually to get 190C I have to set the dial at 210C)

It is impossible to accurately judge cooking times.

I have complained to Thetford who state that as long as the oven reaches 240C within 20mins that is all they are legally obliged to achieve within the regulations.

It seems to me that the oven is poorly insulated and as a result does not retain the heat.

I had a Stoves oven in my last van and had none of these problems.

I would be interested to hear if anyone else has had similar problems with this type of cooker.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook