Audi A5 engine question ?

replied on 04/02/2019 13:16

Posted on 04/02/2019 13:16

I've recently bought an A5 convertible instead of an E class convertible that I was previously asking about in another thread, now I did some research prior and it appeared to be a good tow car but obviously not overly practical but since enquiring about having a tow bar fitted it appears that I need to make changes to the cooling system of the car (obviously at great expense) such as upgraded fans, belts and some module too, clearly we are gutted as I have a lovely car which I've wanted for a while but anyone ever heard of anything like this before ? it is also the same with certain Skoda models too. 

MHG replied on 12/02/2019 14:54

Posted on 12/02/2019 12:00 by lornalou1

As you bought it new and requested the towing pack then the cooling would have been done at factory and you wouldn't see or know the difference. it usually means a bigger fan and oil cooler which unless you knew the original size you wouldn't have a clue what the difference is/was. I wouldn't.  laughing

Posted on 12/02/2019 14:54

Quite !! laughing

replied on 26/05/2023 05:36

Posted on 04/02/2019 13:16 by

I've recently bought an A5 convertible instead of an E class convertible that I was previously asking about in another thread, now I did some research prior and it appeared to be a good tow car but obviously not overly practical but since enquiring about having a tow bar fitted it appears that I need to make changes to the cooling system of the car (obviously at great expense) such as upgraded fans, belts and some module too, clearly we are gutted as I have a lovely car which I've wanted for a while but anyone ever heard of anything like this before ? it is also the same with certain Skoda models too. 

Posted on 26/05/2023 05:36

Hi. Considering an older, low miles A5 Convertible for the same reasons. May I ask whether you did tow with it ? Did you have the cooling system upgraded ? How has it been, does it tow well ?

Thanks & regards

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook