Fixed Tow bar Kia Sorento

Stewart P replied on 29/11/2022 13:55

Posted on 29/11/2022 13:55

I've just purchased a 2019 Kia Sorento KX3 and have booked it in at the local tow bar fitting company who have fitted a tow bar to the Land Rover Freelander I previously drove. I said I wanted a fixed tow bar rather than a detachable and was given the standard warning that with rear parking sensors there is a risk that they will be set off by the tow bar when the caravan is not attached. Can anyone who has had, or has currently got, a Sorento of this age advise if they have had any issues with a fixed tow bar?

Peter

Stewart P replied on 09/12/2022 14:15

Posted on 09/12/2022 14:15

I did consider fitting a detachable but have used fixed on both my Freelanders with no issues and the tow bar provides a great footrest when tying my walking boots! Also, we were on Bladon Chains the last weekend before it closed and somebody ran into the back of us whilst negotiating the A34 island on the way to the Pear Tree park and ride. Not a mark on the Freelander, however his front bumper didn’t come off so well!!!

Peter

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook