Nexe4n Tyres

JohnM20 replied on 21/11/2022 14:10

Posted on 21/11/2022 14:10

Has anyone any experience of Nexen tyres? I need a couple of new tyres and had in mind Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons as possibles. However, the tyre dealer that I usually use and also my local main Ford dealer are recommending Nexen. A brand I can't say I have heard of.  The tyre recommended is Nexen N'Fera SU1 but reading the specification it appears to be a 'summer' tyre whereas the Goodyear is all seasons, but at about £30.00 more per tyre. Any comments from anyone ?

flatcoat replied on 23/11/2022 07:53

Posted on 22/11/2022 15:50 by

Very true Lutz but do UK winters really justify the need for true winter tyres?  I know I live in the south but with the exception of the beast from the east we rarely get anything but light frost.

Posted on 23/11/2022 07:53

Yes because it isn’t just about snow or ice, it is about better cold and wet weather performance (better grip, shorter braking distances, resistance to aquaplaning to name but 3) and therefore safety for you and other road users. 

Oxfordeagle15 replied on 25/11/2022 17:45

Posted on 25/11/2022 17:45

A number of years ago - I needed new tyres on my E Class Mercedes saloon and 4 tyres from Michelin (I think) or was it Dunlop - not sure) were very expensive.  My dealer (not a Mercedes agent) suggested Nexen and with a good price we fitted them.  The fuel economy dropped a little but otherwise one could not tell the difference.  I would have no hesitation in re-shooing with this brand.  Hope this helps.

flatcoat replied on 26/11/2022 09:19

Posted on 26/11/2022 09:19

Agree there is probably nothing wrong with Nexen tyres however it is a bit disingenuous of the dealer to offer a summer tyre in response to a request for all season tyres! I suspect wear rate on Nexen isn’t as good as the premium brands. 

Waffler replied on 29/11/2022 20:38

Posted on 29/11/2022 20:38

Had 2 lots of Nexen on 2 Sorentos. First ones perished in the tread before 25k miles.  Replaced with Kuhno and car towed better due to stiffer tyre walls. Nexen came as original on new 2018 Sorento. I was disappointed. At 35k fronts were at 3mm and rears at 4 but showing signs of perishing.  Son is manager of a national garage chain and has fitted Goodyear SUV all round.  He did offer a cheaper brand but recommended the Goodyear.  I won't describe his face when I mentioned Nexen.  So far found raid noise is reduced but so is fuel consumption.  He did warn me that the Goodyear are stickier, rated A in rain. 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook