Nissan Qashqai towing Lunar Qasar 524. Please help

charsean replied on 03/04/2013 19:31

Posted on 03/04/2013 19:31

Good evening.

Im looking to change my caravan for a 2013 Lunar Quasar 524 to be towed by my 2008 Nissan Qashqai 2.0 Dci Acenta (not 4WD).

Im a little confused as ive done towcar checks with the caravan club and what tow car and the results are slightly different. The caravan club quotes the kerbweight of the car as 1520 and the whattowcar quotes 1595. This means one is over 85% and one is under 85%. Ive tried to locate the actual kerbweight of my own vehicle using the internet and some throw out other figures as low as 1490. (at the time of writing i havent got access to my vehicle or i'd check it).

What are yout thoughts on the variations of the kerbweight and do you think its safe to tow the lunar with it (Ive been towing for 4 years and my current caravan is a Bailey Ranger GT60 500/5).

The other thing that im confused at is the noseweight. The Nissan has a maximum towball weight of 75KG but ive read somewhere that the weight shouldnt be more than 7% of the MTPLM which is 91KG.

I hope that smoeone can put me out of my misery as to the suitability as ive already put a £500 deposit on the Lunar !!!!

PS - Any tips on loading the van and the car would be helpful too

Many Thanks 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook