Vauxhall Insignia 160bhp Ecoflex

Riggers replied on 08/10/2012 19:41

Posted on 08/10/2012 19:41

Just towed for the first time with my new company car replacing my previous Vectra.

My concern was always that the higher gearing on the ecoflex would cause me problems with our Bailey Pageant - well I needn't have worried!

I have just completed a 260 mile round trip and the car has performed wonderfully returning approx 34mpg with the van hitched. I hope it will improve on this as the car has still only done 2,500 miles. Its returning around 60mpg solo on my long work motorway trips.

The gearing means that I have to drop to 4th occasionally where I wouldnt have done with the 150bhp Vectra but overall I really didnt notice to much difference. The car was stable - even in some pretty heavy winds on the east coast - and felt in control of the van at all times.

The electronic hand brake wasnt an issue and dealtwith the caravan on hill starts etc with no problems at all.

Would not hesitate to recommend this car!

Riggers

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook