Conway countryman 1995

newcasleys replied on 05/04/2017 10:09

Posted on 05/04/2017 10:09

i love every thing about my trailertent, been looking for others out there that's the same layout and it's been an impossible task but never mined,was wondering who has trailer tent and what have u found is a must have while holidaying.or ur favourite thing.

markflip replied on 05/04/2017 17:54

Posted on 05/04/2017 17:54

We loved our Jamet Texas Super-Lux, it was so easy to tow and store at home, but have now 'upgraded' to a caravan (and loving that too, especially it's ease of setting up on arrival).  We found that the vital things with a trailer tent were:

1 somewhere to sit and eat in comfort - we used a folding 'picnic table' with 4 x seats that served us very well, it doubled a s a kitchen 'surface' for food prep. too.

2 a comfy folding chair to sit in in the evening in the awning or outside.

I rigged up 12v strip lighting in the main area and bedrooms and a foot operated 12v water pump for the kitchen too, which we ran off a small leisure battery and made life a bit easier.

Homebird2003 replied on 07/04/2017 17:00

Posted on 07/04/2017 17:00

Hello, we have a 1997 Countryman and I much prefer it to our caravan. I like having the beds made up permanently and I like that we can keep it in a garage at home rather than at a storage site. We haven't been able to use it since last May due to health issues.  I love everything about it except the awning which is heavy and am hoping to get a newer model with an awning where you can take out the front and side panels. We usually take a couple of suitcase single ring burners to cook outside, on the table with windbreaks around them. 

iangte replied on 19/04/2017 20:31

Posted on 19/04/2017 20:31

we have a cabanon TT, its a great trailer tent but zips are rubbish, things we take that are essential are the strip LED lights (£10 ebay), portable fridge, Kampa camping heater and we have a kitchen but for what we use it for its easier to take an electric griddle /pan and a camping stove the ones that take the aerosol cartrages.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook