Safefill gas bottle

Lee Armsby replied on 19/08/2018 13:38

Posted on 19/08/2018 13:38

just want to share my experience of safefill gas bottle, l have been looking at them for a long time now and have always put off by the price tag at £150.00. I managed to find one for sale on gumtree for £45.00 for the 7.5kg bottle which was only 6 months old so bargin. My local service station was fine with me filling it up, it had some in so l topped it up which cost me about £4.00. Our first trip was 2 weeks in France, we had 2 weeks of using the cadac via bbq point oven and hob etc and we had 2 nights running the fridge on gas. When we returned home l popped to the local service station to top the bottle up to see how much we had used. I was shocked when it only took £2.37 to fill it back up again. I only carry this one bottle in my gas locker now and it fits a treat. The saving to be had with this bottle is great. Check them out for yourself.

www.safefill.co.uk 

regards

lee

Moderator Comment - This is better posted in one of the existing discussion on refillable gas cylinders. I have moved it to  Tips for making Caravanning & Touring Cheaper where the other discussion are.

richardandros replied on 03/12/2018 08:05

Posted on 03/12/2018 08:05

Good result Boff.  I'm new to this Safefill lark.  When we got ours a couple of months ago - went to our 'local' garage (about 5 miles away) that fills them and went away for a week using the cylinder.  Just before we went away again the following month, I went back to top it up - just to be on the safe side.  Cost me £1.65 to fill it up - and about twice that in diesel to get there and back.

Won't be making that mistake again!

(Before anyone says anything - I bought the SF not to save money on gas but solely to save weight in the van.)

Boff replied on 03/12/2018 14:59

Posted on 03/12/2018 14:59

I think, I’m a slightly heavier user than you.   I estimate that this one will be empty mid January.  This mainly because I will be using my 10kg Safefill first. I run generally full to empty, although I will fill the new 10kg next week to see me through new year.  

Merve replied on 07/12/2018 15:37

Posted on 02/12/2018 18:48 by Tinwheeler

My post is over 2 months old, Merve, and was correct at that time.

Posted on 07/12/2018 15:37

I’m sure that was the case TW. It’s now Sht 37 and it’s published. It makes sense and is now in line with PELG who publish the Red Guide. The relevant sections are posted in my recent OP of New Sht 37 by UKLPG in the How to thrive section 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook