Motorhome caravan parks with dog friendly beach

marley1 replied on 18/02/2024 11:47

Posted on 18/02/2024 11:47

Can anyone help with the best places for a Motorhome to stay that are near a dog friendly beach . I like to go in the sea and found last year in France we couldn’t take the dogs onto the beach . We are going to Spain and Portugal this year . 

Moderator Comment  - Moved from Story Section (questions should be asked in the discussion area)

Animal3944 replied on 18/02/2024 13:38

Posted on 18/02/2024 13:38

I've found two brilliant places in the last few weeks.  One is not a club site and it's very basic.  but it's right on Budle Bay at Lindisfarne.   It's called Budle Farm Campsite.  The other is a CL site in Norfolk called Barleywood, just outside Fakenham.  It's a lovely site and 15 mins drive from Holkham beach.

eurortraveller replied on 19/02/2024 14:45

Posted on 19/02/2024 14:45

I don’t know where you were in France but there are certainly beaches there where you can take dogs - on remote beaches away from resorts and lifeguards .

In France for  example on the  south side of the Camargue the huge
Piemanson beach on the Mediterranean has no dog restrictions, and long stretches of the wild Atlantic coast on the west side of France are wide open too - provided you walk in through the pine forest and get  away from everyone else.

Won’t it be the same in Spain if you seek out the wild places away from civilisation. In Galicia perhaps?

DavidKlyne replied on 19/02/2024 17:39

Posted on 19/02/2024 17:39

If you are looking for an Aire rather than a campsite there is a nice one at Marseillan Plage and the beach is only a short walk. What I can't answer is whether the beach allows dogs but I am sure the local tourist office would be able to assist?

David

Rufs replied on 20/02/2024 08:26

Posted on 20/02/2024 08:26

Spain is not good from 1st May thru end of Sept many beaches are "no Pero" and those that are ok you are restricted to a part of the beach that is not in good condition.

We have found the Mazarron area to be the best for dog friendly beaches and the site at Bol Nuevo has a very good dog friendly beach just 100 metres from the gate that leads onto the beach, but the site is very large and does get very busy, it does have its own outdoor swimming pool.

In many areas in Spain the local police do patrol beach areas, sometimes in an helicopter undecided

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook