Warning to sellers

Michael Geraghty replied on 13/10/2022 10:21

Posted on 13/10/2022 10:21

I need to warn members not to deal with Tom Foster & Stuart Harris of Lady Edith's Holiday Park, Row Brow Farm. Scarborough YO125RJ They agreed to buy my motor home for £24,000 on 23 May 2022.They have resold the Motor home but they will not pay me all I get is excuses and lies. Reported to police and sent demands from Lawyers with threat to take them to court thy just said good luck with that! This is still going on with the police and court action BUT people need to be warned please pass this warning on  M Geraghty.

kalamitty55 replied on 13/10/2022 16:17

Posted on 13/10/2022 16:17

why did you hand keys over if they hadn't paid for it,  i've sold to dealers and ive always checked the money is in the bank before handing keys / logbook over, with bacs transfer it's done within minutes,  

Tinwheeler replied on 13/10/2022 21:03

Posted on 13/10/2022 21:03

It’s a sad tale and I feel for the OP but it’s definitely a case of seller beware in this instance and the lesson learnt the hard way is never to relinquish ownership until you have payment. 

MG, this is a case of theft and I believe you're right to pursue it with the police and the County Court. Trading Standards will guide you. Even if you don’t recover your money, getting judgement against them will result in them being listed as having a County Court Judgement against them which will severely harm their credit record. It sounds like you already have matters in hand but I don’t know whether the club's legal dept may be able to suggest another course of action.

Marshk replied on 15/08/2023 15:31

Posted on 13/10/2022 10:21 by Michael Geraghty

I need to warn members not to deal with Tom Foster & Stuart Harris of Lady Edith's Holiday Park, Row Brow Farm. Scarborough YO125RJ They agreed to buy my motor home for £24,000 on 23 May 2022.They have resold the Motor home but they will not pay me all I get is excuses and lies. Reported to police and sent demands from Lawyers with threat to take them to court thy just said good luck with that! This is still going on with the police and court action BUT people need to be warned please pass this warning on  M Geraghty.

Posted on 15/08/2023 15:31

Did you ever get it sorted?

We was on this site for a year and decided to sell up, they agreed to buy our caravan. Took the keys home and said when they send money post keys out. Stupidly I left all spare keys wheel locks and hich lock keys in van. They broke into it and moved it off the pitch.

Excuses after Excuses kept saying they were going to send money but it never happened, went back and took all paperwork and keys and moved van off. Looks like we had a lucky escape. 

Seems like a lot of people are getting wise and are leaving the site.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook