Sorry to say, very bad experience

paulat replied on 22/06/2018 17:23

Posted on 22/06/2018 17:23

try to phone them at 8.45, no answer, went to site to find we where given no choice in what pitch we could have and asked if we would like to go else where and they would phone.

as we have a dog, the pitch had no shade and protection from the sun, we asked several times if there was any thing else, again offered a refund?.( animal welfare)

husband parked to be told to turn the van a round into the sun and next to a bar b q  to next doors caravan, because of fire regs?

it was my birthday, motorvan and caravan club needs to think about animal welfare and needs of there members.

when I replied I have a dog they did not care, we are very upset

Moderator Comment - Moved from the Story Section

Takethedogalong replied on 23/06/2018 00:24

Posted on 23/06/2018 00:24

Possibly, but some folks think CLs operate like a Club Site! The OP has only done reviews of CLs previously, so that's what had me wondering. In truth, I remain puzzled by the whole story/complaint.

Did they ring 8.45 am or pm?

Is the shade required to cool down inside of MH for dog? Or the outside, in which case unless the pitch is on the Equator, there will indeed be shade from MH!

Did they get last pitch available, or was it allocated because of outfit size?

Why did MH require moving? 

Sherlock Holmes would have his work cut out on this mystery? Hope for more clues tomorrow!smile

JillwithaJay replied on 23/06/2018 17:18

Posted on 23/06/2018 17:18

Would the OP please return to the thread with more information or details of what action they have taken, otherwise the thread will be locked as, without further information, it serves no useful purpose.

Thank You.

Takethedogalong replied on 23/06/2018 22:01

Posted on 23/06/2018 22:01

I doubt if OP could respond if they wanted to Jill, website has been down all day.

NicolaW replied on 23/06/2018 22:21

Posted on 23/06/2018 22:21

How would they know the post has been moved from the story section?  When you click the link for the original post it just says 'page not found'....

DavidKlyne replied on 23/06/2018 23:46

Posted on 23/06/2018 22:21 by NicolaW

How would they know the post has been moved from the story section?  When you click the link for the original post it just says 'page not found'....

Posted on 23/06/2018 23:46

I suspect an unfortunate question of timing which might be something to do with current webpage essential maintenance? It usually corrects itself once the work is finished. I have suggested several times that when posts are moved that the contributor should receive an automated e-mail advising them of this but I suspect that won't happen with the current software. Posters can always check their profile but I wonder how many know how to do that. I should also say that people who post in the Story Section, except the regulars, rarely return to view any comments so most are, regretfully, a lost cause!

David

replied on 24/06/2018 08:05

Posted on 24/06/2018 08:05

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Sir Bruin replied on 24/06/2018 08:31

Posted on 23/06/2018 16:27 by johnathome

You can please some people some of the time,but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Posted on 24/06/2018 08:31

And you can't please some of the people any of the time

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook