CAMHC Green Flag Recovery insurance

ScreenNameB5EAC6977B replied on 11/08/2022 16:41

Posted on 11/08/2022 16:41

CAVEAT EMPTOR

Club quote for my motorhome was £ 157.

I renewed my existing cover for a motorhome AND a Range Rover for £117.60.

The only apparent difference in cover being CAMC ins included transport to a campsite.

I have had the same experience with the Club's vehicle insurers.

hitchglitch replied on 12/08/2022 11:49

Posted on 12/08/2022 11:49

For £12.50 per month with Barclays I got worldwide travel insurance plus breakdown recovery for every vehicle in the household. Haven’t needed to use it yet but since it came out nearly top in Which I am fairly confident it will do what it  says. We all must be paying far to much for travel insurance and breakdown cover.

SteveL replied on 12/08/2022 13:01

Posted on 12/08/2022 13:01

I’ve just renewed my Mayday breakdown cover with the club for £137. That covers both myself and OH for our MH and any other vehicle. Therefore both our cars are covered as well to the same level, which includes problems at home, recovery and double journey. I thought it very good value.

eurortraveller replied on 12/08/2022 13:19

Posted on 12/08/2022 13:19

Mayday breakdown recovery was devised by the Club for members with a car towing a caravan to make sure both those vehicles were covered, and to give double journey travel to a pre booked site and then home again.

If Motorhomers are not towing, and if they do not want that double journey travel after a breakdown, they can easily get good alternative cheaper breakdown insurance from several sources.  Even fromGreen Flag directly as the OP said, provided they are within the size limits in the policy.

hitchglitch replied on 12/08/2022 13:52

Posted on 12/08/2022 13:52

Just to add to the above, my Barclays breakdown cover includes Europe but does not include repatriation which from a previous experience is essential. I therefore have separate European Motorhome breakdown cover.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook