Shipping Motorhome to the USA and Canada

ScreenNameD685707A30 replied on 15/02/2024 15:53

Posted on 15/02/2024 15:53

Hi, we are thinking of temporarily shipping our motorhome to North America for an extended holiday. 

I have 2 questions that I hope somebody can answer. 

1. We have been investigating motorhome insurance and it's a minefield. Has anybody insured a UK registered vehicle in North America? If so who with, and have you got any contact details that you could pass on?

2. Secondly, connecting a UK van to mains electric in the US/Canada, what do you need to enable this to happen safely, transformers, cables? 

Thanks in advance

Moderator Comment - Moved from Story Section (Questions should be asked in the discussion area) 

eurortraveller replied on 16/02/2024 10:29

Posted on 16/02/2024 10:29

A company called Seabridge Tours - which says they have shipped 10,000 motorhomes in the last 30years - will surely have the answers to those questions - and your next ones. I hope it goes well. 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook